Thread: To come...or not to come...that is the question...

To come...or not to come...that is the question...

My dogs are nuts. Both Reggie and Nebo do this. (though not at the same time, they are not allowed outside together)

I'll let one out....and when I go to let them back in, I'll call their name...

They'll see me..look RIGHT at me! And just stand there. Sometimes Nebo will sit. They won't budge...just STARE at me! And the SECOND that I shut the door, they come running as fast as they can!

They don't do this *every* time...sometimes they'll come running before I even open the door, and sometimes they'll be waiting at the door for me...it's just weird....anyone else's dogs do this?

Sounds like they've been peekin in on the cat side of Pet Talk and picked up some kitty traits...
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

You just described Felice! She does the same thing. She just looks at me. So I am like: "fine" then shut the door and go sit down then two seconds later: "Bark, Bark" at the back door. I get up let her in, and she give me that look like: "about time, Gosh!"

Silly girl!!

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

None of the dogs we have now do that, but Keisha was the worst at doing it!
    She would stay out in the yard & you could call her forever, she only came when you didn't pay attention to her. Even if she was standing at the door, Angus would come in & she would just stand there & look at us like, "I'll come in when I get good & ready!" She was a crazy dog, I but I loved her!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Dakota sometimes has a tendency to not come in when I open the door and call her. Destiny comes running while Dakota just stands there and stares at me. She knows what I want, she just doesn't want to do it. Sometimes she'll get in her pouncing stance (butt high in the air) and try to get you to come out and play, sometimes she'll try to walk the other way, sometimes she'll just stand there and look at you, sometimes she'll sit down and look at you, and then there are the times that she lays down and stares at you. If you shut the door, she'll either go about her business or run towards the door and if you don't open it right away she'll just stand there, staring in at you. Sometimes I think it's funny, but other times it really bothers me because I've got things to do or I have to get back to work, and she doesn't want to do what she's told. However, if I'm really stern with my voice, she'll usually come. There are other times when I have to go out after her and show her personally to the door! Sometimes my girl just acts like the typical teen, trying to see how much mom and dad will let them get away with!

Hehe, Hamlet, I loved it..er, sorry..Josie use to do that..I'd call her and she'd do basically the same..but she grew out of it..she probably does more so now cause Zeke always bites at her when shes out and she doesnt like it..

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Kito never comes in when I call him (they like to sit out on our patio all the time, under our supervision)--he looks at me, then goes back to staring at nothing. As soon as he hears the door shut, he's over at the door, ready to come in.
    Abbey always comes when she is called.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Maddie and Oz come flying through the door as soon as it
    opens. With Murph, however I accidently taught him to
    come in, after the door opens and closes 3 times. When he
    was a puppy, he loved being outside, so it was difficult to
    get him in. Not thinking about the outcome, I'd give him 3 tries
    to come in. If he didn't come in on the 3rd time, then I'd leave
    him outside for awhile. If I'd only given him 1 chance all those
    years ago, he'd probably be like Maddie and Oz now.

Par...