Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 13,413.60 before taxes

Originally posted by mugsy
    .......I stand up and salute your son for putting his butt on the line so that I can live my life the way I have grown accustomed. I salute all the men and women in the military who put it on the line everyday for the rest of us sitting here at home.
    Well said Molly, I salute them too, both of your country and of mine.

Chris

As do I. I hope our soldiers start getting the pay they deserve, though no one can every truly compensate them with money for the huge job that they do.

Originally posted by Soledad
    As do I. I hope our soldiers start getting the pay they deserve, though no one can every truly compensate them with money for the huge job that they do.
    Agreed!!

Soledad - I'm not here to make a comment about anything other than you might want to edit your post and remove the profanity. This is a site that young children use, as well as people who find that language offensive.

Mugsy - While we're shooting insults (not started by me), maybe I could take a stab at your life?

You are most likely an intelligent person, but you think you are far smarter and accomplished than you actually are. You beat your schoolkids in arguments and get some sort of pleasure out of it, thinking you are smart for outsmarting 12 year olds. You then take that "debating prowess" to Pettalk, and when confronted with actual facts and real debating tactics you cower and crumble and realise how limited your abilities really are. Stick to your sad Midwestern existence with your fifteen dogs. Stick with your sad little arguments that have little proof to back them up, but make you feel good. Stick with your easy answers and your easy life because when you think about it too much you realise it might all be shit.

I am sick and tired of being told I am anti-American because I do not agree with you. Get a real argument.
    I think it is a sad day when members of this community resort to namecalling and pointing out of specific members for what they do and how they do it. You can make all the arguments you want to about political issues or religion and I will keep out of it, but I think that this forum, for all the good it does, does not need someone like you, Soledad, coming in and trashing it's members for their lifestyle, profession or where they live. I know you will have a comeback to offer up on this one, and I suppose I am ready since I have finally responded to one of your attacks, but leave the personal things out of your arguments and you will gain a lot more respect in this community, even from those of us who choose to stay out of the fray.

As a military wife, I completely agree with you Dixieland Dancer. I personally felt this way before my husband took that oath and joined up, but now that he's in, I am around the military and see more and more of what this letter is about. It's pretty bad when our military is on food stamps, WIC, etc. just to feed their family when they are risking their lives for our rights. As as for the spouces to work, not around these areas, at least not the one I'm in now. So many of these people want to go out and get jobs, but they'd be losing money by trying to go out and work. The daycare (not free) costs more for one of their kids than they can get paid. So even if you only have 1, you're losing more money on daycare than you can make by working and sending them to that daycare. It's just not worth it.

Military life is a hard way of life! And I personally feel that our soldiers deserve to get more money not just because of what they do, but because their pay is crazy to try to live off of! I know, we tried to do it for a few month when we first got her. Luckily, I was able to get a job!

What about the things that Mugsy said?

I am very willing to take responsibility for what I said to Mugsy, but I think it has to be pointed out that she has been calling me "smug" "arrogant" and "anti-American" for a while now. I feel very offended by the things she says to me, yet no one calls her out on her accusations and insults.

Soledad, you are an evil meanhearted person who has nothing better to do than to get on here and make yourself feel better by belittling people. You are a bitter person who feels better only by trying to make others look bad.
    Last edited by Soledad; 02-11-2003 at 04:17 PM.

What about the things that Mugsy said?

I am very willing to take responsibility for what I said to Mugsy, but I think it has to be pointed out that she has been calling me "smug" "arrogant" and "anti-American" for a while now. I feel very offended by the things she says to me, yet no one calls her out on her accusations and insults.
    MUGSY, SORRY OLD GAL, I'M CALLING YOU OUT, DARLING...

YOU FORGOT.... SHAMELESSY UNABLE TO DEFEND A POINT,
    the inability to discuss said points, rude to the point of boredom, and willing to talk without saying anything.

oh, and loves to hear the sound of her own voice.

en espanol, soledad means alone......hmmmmmmmm

Richard, Soledad means solitude. And Richard can be shortened to Dick.

Your point?

Richard....are you calling me OLD!! lol I happen to be only 41 years old (and as John Adams says in 1776....I still have my virility...well....lets not go there!! lol) Now, understand that many members on here make me FEEL old!! hehehehe

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I wonder if this thread could perhaps be pulled by Karen.
    I really hate to read some of the posts, the language has gone too far in my opinion, as another poster mentioned there are many children who read these posts.

Richard, Soledad means solitude. And Richard can be shortened to Dick.

Your point?
    oh, my feelings........
    i'll be a dick all my life......

try again, darling......

see dick type, type dick type.
    see dick make a point. see dick argue his point.
    see dick score points, see dick raise the hackles on evil.
    see dick laugh, laugh dick laugh.

see dick having a grand old time..........alone!
    see dick once again slam evil....
    laugh dick laugh.

see dick enjoy himself...

oh mugsy,
    don't be so smug, intelligent women are sexy......(don't tell you hubby he's libel to tobey k me..............

laugh some more dick- there's still daylight left

Too late....he read it!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Originally posted by RICHARD

... talk about rhetoric....i haven't seen a good fact coming outta the southern hemisphere yet......
    Has this forum turned in a place where we can generally insult people??? I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it Richard, but ouch.

Upsidedown and a tad sensitive ...
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Originally posted by Miss Meow

Has this forum turned in a place where we can generally insult people??? I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it Richard, but ouch.

Upsidedown and a tad sensitive ...
    I'd like to apologize for that one, people in lost angeles seem to
    (no not you gini) tend to generalize and lose our minds when
    we get rolling....again, I hope you look at the comment for what it is.......another whacked out comment made by a foolish, addled,
    from the land of fruits and nuts kinda guy.

I hope you accept my apology.

or how's about this? you can let me swim in the GBR with 10 kilos of raw steak stapled to my back......