Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oh, no! Not Shiloh!

Oh, no! Not Shiloh!

My so far very healthy, strong active Shiloh has an appointment early Wednesday morning with our favorite lady white coat. On Saturday, we went to pick up a pizza and by the time we came home (5 minutes) she was limping, badly. We made her sit and not move around (believe me not an easy task with her highness). I slept with her in the family room so she wouldn't try to go sleep on the big bed all the way up stairs. By Sunday, she was much better and at times she isn't even limping. She must have just twisted wrong (I hope).

However, as I was comforting her (petting her all over), I found three completely different types of lumps or growths on her. One I was aware of (like a skin tag) and was watching previously, but I proceeded to find two more different kinds. They are located on her right side, her left side and one by her paw. Hopefully, one on the side is a fatty cyst. The other side is irregular and raised. The one near her paw is different. It is a hard small lump, not like a cyst. It is solid. Since I've been on the Canine Cancer bb, I am now paranoid about any lumps, even those that may look fatty, because I've seen that those may not be what they look like. So, now I am freaking out til Wednesday.

I am so upset because this is happening to my "healthy" furbaby. I expect Killian to have problems to be battled and I am ready for those fights. Oh, please, not Shiloh, too!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Take a deep breath, Sue!!! Easy for me to say, isn't it? I'm glad the limping stopped, but I know you will be worried sick unitl you get a report from the doctor. I refuse to think that anything can seriously be wrong with your healthy girl and will pray hard that I am right!!!!! Hang in there and know that we will be thinking about you and Shiloh and waiting to hear what the vet has to say!!!

Logan

Poor Shiloh! I really hope she's ok and it's nothing serious!! Nebo had a small, hard, lump removed from his leg near his paw also when he was 4 months old. It was about the size of a pencil eraser...so far it's turned out to be nothing, just a wart, so I hope it's the same for Shiloh! Finding bumps really freak me out too! I was at the vet 10 minutes after I found it!

Sue prayers will be on the way for Shiloh for sure! Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that she was limping which in turn allowed you to find these lumps. Most likely all will be fine (again as Logan says - easy for me to say) but we will be thinking of you and Shiloh until you get to see the vet. The waiting is awful, isn't it! {{{hugs}}}

Thanks, Everyone. I've always thought of her as invincible! She looks and acts like it. But since my parents' Bandit has cancer and I've been on that cancer bb ( 5 cancer dogs died in one day last week!), I have this nagging worry in the back of my mind. they describe how something little turns into cancer and I just can't help but wonder. Otherwise, I probably would be thinking nothing much of it.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Here's hoping that Shiloh gets a clean bill of health on Wednesday!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Oh Sue! {Shutter}...I hope the lumps are just fatty cysts. Cody's got a few too. Poor Shilohs's puppy legs! Those limpies just scare the daylights out of you! (Story of my life) I'm STILL sleeping in the family room on the couch with Cody so he doesn't climb steps...so I'm with you, girl! Fingers and paws crossed and trying not to panic until Wednesday...{{hugs}}

Originally posted by K9karen
    I'm STILL sleeping in the family room on the couch with Cody so he doesn't climb steps...so I'm with you, girl!
    I'll be thinking of you, Karen! Hehehe. what we don't do for our furpups (and fosters, too)! My couch is so comfy and big enough for either Shiloh or Killian to sleep on the other end. (last night started with Killi on the couch and Shi on the floor and ended with Shi on the couch and Killi on the forbidden couch in the front room, which has now become allowed because dear Killian can have anything he wants, sheesh). Are our dogs spoiled, or what!!!

Thanks, All! (I'm thinking good thoughts and Shiloh just seems too healthy for it to be anything bad.)
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Oh, no!! Shiloh's under the weather and Sue's back on the couch!! You certainly deserve the "Mother of the Year" award for all of your hard work and devotion; especially these past several months!! Now, Shiloh you simply must be well!! Cody, Star and Aunt Sandra will be praying with all our might that you get a good report at the white coats! Hopefully the limp is a strain and those bumpies are just little beauty blemishes. We love you sweet Shi. Please get better soon. Love and kisses and slurpy licks from Aunt Sandra, Cutie Cody and Star***Shine

And Sue, more and more, due to one critter ailment or another, I seem to be spending more of MY nights on the family room couch too! It's pretty comfy, just a tad crowded when 1 human, 2 dogs and 2 cats are jockeying for postion!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

We all know how worried you must be, Sue. Until you tell us the good news that nothing is wrong with sweet little Shiloh, we'll be thinking of you and sending possitive thoughts your way.
    Hugs to both fur kids.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Positive thoughts and fingers and paws crossed for good news on Wednesday.

Hugs and love to all
    Chris

Prayers for Shiloh that everything is ok on Wednesday. I don't blame you, I would be in a complete state of panic--I'm sure it's nothing, and she'll be back to being her old self in no time!!!!
    Paws crossed for Shiloh--keep us posted!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Until Wednesday, think of our beloved Gracie, who had a scary lump on her side (and Great Danes have such a close, tight coat that it was very obvious) and it turned out just to be a fatty cyst. She lived to a ripe old (much older than Danes are "supposed" to live) age, with a then silly-looking- once-we-knew-it-was-harmless lump!

Hope Shiloh's lumps are just as harmless!

Killian has lumps. They have all been fatty tumors. Two of Shiloh's three are different than his. I wish I wouldn't think about this so much til Wed. I'm sure it's ok.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Prayer and thoughts are with you until we find out what it is.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..