Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please keep your fingers crossed for us!

Please keep your fingers crossed for us!

I think we have finally found the perfect dog! She is with a wonderful rescue group called H.A.P.P.E. We happened to be passing by a PetSmart when they were having an adoption fair yesterday. We spent almost two hours there talking to the foster mom, a wonderful lady named Stacy, and playing with and walking the pup, her name is Lizzy.

Lizzy the pup is four months old, she's spayed, up to date on all her shots. She's confident and she played well with all the other dogs they had at the fair, she's housebroken, and she's a snuggler. Here's a link to her picture:

http://bc1111.com/lizzy.htm

(And no, I don't think she's really a great dane mix, I think they just said that because of the colors)

She had me won over immediately. I think the tie breaker was when Brian squatted down and called her to him, she went right over to him, jumped up on his knee and licked his chin. She hadn't been that affectionate up till that point cause I think she was just a little freaked out by the number of people at the adoption fair, plus it was pretty cold outside.

We have to go through an adoption process where they call our landlord and personal references, then review our answers on the application about work schedules, money and so forth, so I hope we know by the end of the week. Please keep your fingers crossed for us cause we are completely in love with this dog and would love for her forever home to be with us.

I can see why you're in love - she's gorgeous! In the picture she doesn't look Great Dane big, but you never know from pictures sometimes.

Good luck on the application process (my fingers are definitely crossed) and when you're approved make sure to post lots of pictures.

She's beautiful! Good luck and keep us updated! Hope to see more of her soon!

Fingers and paws crossed!!!! Good luck!!!

She almost looks Bull Terrier/Pittish. She is absolutely adorable, I can see how you would fall in love with her. I wish you luck and hope all goes well.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I have recently gone through all of this with my Ripley. I had to wait for 7 days to see if he was claimed and then of course if my application was accepted, so I know the feeling! I think this part of your post sort of points out that she picked you!

I think the tie breaker was when Brian squatted down and called her to him, she went right over to him, jumped up on his knee and licked his chin. She hadn't been that affectionate up till that point cause I think she was just a little freaked out by the number of people at the adoption fair, plus it was pretty cold outside.

That is how it was with Ripley. He came right over and sat in my lap and gave me a kiss. It was a done deal right there! Good luck and keep us posted. She sure is a cutie pie!

Good luck! What a little cutie
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Good luck!!!
    I can't wait to see more pictures of Lizzy when she lives with you!!
    She is beautiful!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

hoping everything works out for the best congratulations and i hope to see more pctures soon! she's so adorable!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

The link doesn't work for me..but I hope everything goes well!

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Aww, it works now, she's such a sweety

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Keep us posted ......... paws are crossed that you are able to adopt her ...
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

*~*!*~*proudly owned by the cutest pup ever*~*!*~*
    she looked happy to be w/ you good luck!!!!!!

wif wots of wuv~~Isabell and Cait

Aww, she's adorable!! I will be crossing my fingers for you!! I remember when the HS was going over my adoption papers for Ruby... that seemed like the longest few days of my life!! The best of luck to you and Lizzy!

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Update!!!! We are getting Lizzy!!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday, they worked!!!!

I spoke to the foster coordinator Stacy yesterday evening. It's funny, we ended up talking for over an hour! She's a really great lady! Anyway, she said we are going to get Lizzy, it's just a formality for her to call our landlord today and make sure we have their permission. Then we have to sign a "Pet Addendum" for the landlord and once Stacy has confirmed they have received it, Lizzy can come home to us!

Brian and I decided last night that it would be best to have the foster mother hold onto Lizzy until next weekend. We have a bunch of wedding stuff that needs to be taken care of this weekend (like getting a dress, marriage license, etc.) cause we are getting married on March 3. However, on Sunday, I am going down to Virginia Beach, cause my sister works at a privately owned pet supply warehouse and she's gonna hook me up with everything we will need for Lizzy with her employee discount!

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everybody for the well wishes. I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more once we bring Lizzy home!