Thread: well scarlett is very scared of me :o(

well scarlett is very scared of me :o(

today when i went to let scarlett out she wouldn't let me near her she just started shaking and growling it breaks my heart seeing her like that.

i think i know why i think she has witnessed me seizing awhile back and since then she won't let me near her or anything everytime i go to see my parents she is growling at me maybe its best i left ASAP its my fault right now she is in her bed she wouldn't go outside my baby hates me what am i going to dothanks for listening.take care

scarlett
    my name is marylyn i'm 23. i have a yorkie named truffles.scarlett a red toy poodle is now w/ a new owner and i'm hoping is very happy there,i miss her dearly.my first dog was a black toy poodle he passed away a few years ago and i miss him so much.i love all animals ,but grew up w/ dogs.

Did Scarlett get hurt when you had a seizure? Is she your dog or your parents? Do you live in the same house?

i am really sorry your dog is being like that .. what kind of dog is she?

maybe you should talk to the ppl you got her from and see if she is adting normal!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

So sorry to hear about scarlett, I don't have any ideas for you, but I hope you can work it out!! Do you have any pics??
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

You need to make sure you don't baby talk her when she's acting like that. Just because our dogs are afraid, we tend to baby talk them and all that does is re-enforce the bad behavoir. Instead, tell her in a firm, but gentle voice that you're ok and she's ok. Just keep doing it and I think she will come around. Offer her some GREAT treats, like hot dogs bits or cheese and tell her at the same time that everyone's ok (no baby talk) and you're fine. Try to say it very matter of factly. Sometimes, just sitting alone with her in a room with GREAT treats will help, too. Let her come to you. I think it will work out, but it may take her a while. It probably did frighten her, but if you work with her she'll get over it.
    I hope this helps.