Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from The Bronx!

Greetings from The Bronx!

Hi everyone! Hope this note finds you all well.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello and give a small update on what's going on...

Smokey made it through the flight OK but when we got to NYC I was FREAKED because he didn't come out with the baggage and not where the bigger stuff comes out, either. So I frantically looked for someone to ask and everyone just kinda gave me a blank stare. But then finally he came out and he was shaking in his crate and I felt horrible. I opened the door and put his leash on and then his tail started wagging a million miles a minute (wiggle butt!!) and he was okay.
    He has adjusted to the cold and even begs to go on longer walks some days which is good but sometimes I'm FREEZING and I just want to go in. I'm not using his coat on him but he seems to be OK with that. Maybe this weekend, though, as it looks like a storm is coming in tonight. My first real snow since I've been here. Wheeeee!

Of course, it's happening on the day I start my job. I'm going to be hostessing/coat checking at some "upscale" restuarant on the Upper East Side. I have no experience but the lady hired me on the spot. Must be my sunny disposition. Hee hee.
    I also started bartending school so hopefully when I'm done w/ that I can get a better job with some bar experience and some hostessing, too. We'll see how they go.

Everyone is so shocked at what a good dog my Smokey is. They of course heard horror stories about pitbulls and were scared but he's such a sweetie. No real incidents. The second day he kinda lunged and barked at this little girl that was here but I think it's cuz she was reaching for his brand new rawhide bone. I explained that he doesn't know her and could see her as a threat for it and she understood (she has a dog, too) and there's been no problems since. They play together now and things are fine. I've let her help me feed him some meals, too, and he is getting used to all the commotion and new people.

So that's Amanda and Smokey's life in NY so far.

TTFN!

It is good to hear that you and Smokey made the trip safely. But I keep imagining the cold you must be enduring. You must have had a really good reason to make the transition from 70 degrees year-round! Best of luck to you in your new home.

Wooo hooo!!! Congrats on making to the "Big Apple" safe and sound!! So glad that Smokey came through like a trooper! The weather change must be quite a shock for the Smokster, but before long he'll be out in the elements "coatless"with all the others!! I am SO jealous of your great adventure! I was born in NYC an it's my favorite city on earth! What fun you'll have!!! What "posh place" are you working at??? My Dad is the manager of the banquet room at the Waldorf Astoria and it's so cool to hear about all the politicos, royalty, celebrities, etc. that he gets to meet! If you're living in the Bronx, please treat yourself to an eggcream! And please have a bagle and a DECENT piece of pizza for me!! And bartending school! Wow, what "guy" opportunities you'll have! Have you lived/been there before?? Oh, I'll shut up now! LOL! Be safe and well and lotsa luck! Hugs to Smokey!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Glad to hear you made it ok. I was wondering how you guys were doing! Keep us posted and give Smokey a big kiss for me please!!!

Amanda, I was wondering how you and Smokey were doing in NY! And I am so glad to hear that things are going well for you both!

It's great that you got a job so quick! I am sure you will do fine.

I look forward to hearing more on your and Smokey's adventures in NYC.

So glad to hear you and Smokey are doing well in NYC--I don't think my dogs could handle a plane ride
    Good luck with your job, and we can't wait to hear more stories of you and Smokey in NYC!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I'm glad you made it safely and got a job so quickly!! Keep us up to date!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Just took some quick pics of Smokey in the snow... He loves it. He's so funny.
    Enjoy! (more updates later)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Another:

One more:

Last one (for now )

Awwwww!!!
    Smokey is such a sweetie!!
    I love the second one!!!!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Smokey is so cute! I love him! Give him hugs from me and Sim!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Aww, what a cutie!!

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Cute pictures! Looks like Smokey loves the snow!