Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Krinkles went to the RB today :(

Krinkles went to the RB today :(

Today our VERY old boy went to the RB. He was almost 20 years old. He lived with my mom and dad, but I had him since I was 2 years old. The past few days my mom noticed that he was restless, wasn't sleeping, and was crying all the time. Also, he wasn't eating or drinking, but he was pooping on the floor and peeing (in the litter) a LOT with no fluids going in. This morning he sneezed blood and couldn't breath very well. He had no immune system left, and caught colds all the time, but lately, he would just throw up the antibiotics and it wasn't helping him. So, my mom and I made the decision that it was time for him to end his suffering.

Krinkles got his name because, as a kitten, he had krinkled up whiskers. My mom said it looked like someone had used one of those hair crimpers on them. I never noticed, but then I was only 2 and didn't really pay attention to that kind of stuff. He was a tabby/siamese cross, and his yowling certainly proved his siamese heritage! He LOVED attention, and I was able to put him in doll clothes, carry him in a baby buggy, make him dance, hold him upside-down - and he would just purr and lap up all the attention. He was a real lover-boy.

The last time I saw him was at Christmas, and I felt in my heart that his time was almost up. He looked tired and was really skinny. My dad said that today, when he took him to be PTS, he was only about 4lbs. He should have been at least 8.5lbs - he used to be a big, strong muscular cat. I thank god that I have some pictures of him - unfortunatly they are still on the role. But I will let you see them as soon as they are published!

As some of you know, my grandma passed away a year ago this past November. Today would have been her 85th birthday. Now, Krinkles and her can celebrate together and eat lots of cheezies and Doritos, a favourite for them both.

So rest in peace and comfort, Kinky-Stinky. Tell Nanny I say hi and happy birthday, and please, please, please party it up at the Rainbow Bridge!!

Krinkles: July 12, 1983 - January 27, 2003

Oh, Nomilynn, I'm so sorry for you and your parents, but what a lovely story about Krinkles. He had a good, long life with people who loved him, and you made a good decision to end his suffering. He is probably having QUITE a party up there at the Rainbow Bridge with Grandma and the Doritos!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Oh, Nomilynn
    how I know what you are going through. I had to make that decision for my Leroy two days before Thanksgiving last year. We have to put their welfare ahead of ourselves and I'm sure you did the kindest most loving thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Krinkles and Leroy meet at the RB and swap embarrasing stories about us.
    HUGS

Naomi, I am sad for the loss you and your family have experienced, but what a wonderful life you can celebrate! 20 years with Krinkles and he was always loved. Isn't that terrific?? Please know that I am grieving with you. He was part of your family, and regardless of how long they live, it is always hard to lose them.

Logan

Rest in peace sweet Krinkles. You were a well loved &
    treasured friend to your family. Have a wonderful ,painfree
    romp over Rainbow Bridge.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm crying as I read this. After everything you've been going through with little Bassett and now this! My heart aches for you. But 20 years, what a life! Thank God Krinkles was one of the fortunate ones to have found a happy and loving home. Rest in peace, Krinkles for now you are no longer in pain. You can run and play with all your friends up there and Gran too!

luv
    slick
    max & speckles

Naomi,

I am so sorry to hear about Krinkles. With all you've been through with Bassett, I can only imagine how difficult it's been for you. Hang in there girl. You know you can call anytime.

((((hugs)))))

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Naomi, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad Krinkles got a long life with his loving family. Thank God he has Grandma to keep him company on the RB, and that he is free from the pain. I will light a candle for Krinkles tonight. I'm sure he is having a huge party with Grandma right now!
    Britt & the fur/finkids
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Krinkles, you had a wonderful life. Please be happy at the RB. Everyone will miss you but they all know that you are healthy now and running free of any pain that age might have given you. 20 years is quite a long time to have been able to bring happiness to your family. Rest in peace.

that was a wonderful story and tribute to Krinkles! it sounds like he was a very wonderful kitty for you to grow up with! I had a dog as a child that would let me dress her up...

I'm sure Krinkles had a wonderful, happy life, and is now happy at the RB.

Rest in peace, Sweet Krinkles!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Naomi, I'm so sorry to hear about Krinkles passing. It sure sounds like he was a wonderful cat and he had a loving home for 20 years. Now he can play and be healthy again at RB. Rest in peace sweet Krinkles.

Naomi,

I'm so sorry for your loss... Just think about the good times that you've shared with Krinkles ... YOu've given him so much love all throughout his life, and this will remain in his heart even when he's gone...

You and your family with be in my thoughts and prayers...

God bless,
    Rosebel

Rest in peace, sweet Krinkles.

What a wonderful life he shared with your family. And a great tribute to your love.

{{{Naomi and family}}}

I can imagine him springing fast and far at the RB with his refound youth. He sounds like a real treasure.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Naomi,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. But an the other hand the story of his life is a wonderful story and this story will be in your heart forever.