Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pet-sitter Nedded Asap!!!

Pet-sitter Nedded Asap!!!

i need a pet-sitter before feb.1st. my dog is a female,1 yr of age. she is outside.she is a german shepherd. i can pay for food and everything. she needs to be babysat for 1-2 months. must live in indiana. great with kids if have any. if i cannot find a pet-sitter by the 1st of feb. i must sadly be forced to put her down. i have dog house food bowls,leash,everything. please please e-mail me fast. must live in indiana. ASAP!!!!

Why do you have to put her down if you can't find a sitter? There are lots of great rescue organizatons. I'm confused.

Why did you not post this before now??????

Why is she outside?

If you cannot care for her, please take her to a shelter or call a rescue organization so she will not be put to sleep because of bad planning or her owners part.

Are you moving, or traveling, or what are you doing that you can't take care of her as well?? It must be pretty drastic if you can't take care of her 2 months, you will have to put her down!

Lexie,

I have already responded to this post of yours in Dog Rescue.
    I make the same offer here. I will be glad to help you give this
    dog a good home.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Is this the one that is pregnant?? (Quote from 1/9/03 Dog Breeds)
    terrible update
    i went on a small vacation and i left my dogs with a friend of mine. she thought she was doing a good thing by,well ....ok here comes the bad part.........her male dog is going to be a daddy. i went to her house to pick up my dogs and her husband kept saying they did it. i was like "what did you do?" then they told me....."we bred her" my jaw dropped. i then told them i forgot to tell them i had changed my mind...........well i guess this means i will be posting pics of them when they are born. i will be looking for homes. if any of you want one. i havn't decided on (an ADOPTION fee) yet,but if anyone has a place in there home for a puppy in a few months let me know. don't e-mail me though. i never check it.
    And you are considering "putting her down????"

Re: Pet-sitter Nedded Asap!!!

Originally posted by lexie
    if i cannot find a pet-sitter by the 1st of feb. i must sadly be forced to put her down.

I'm sorry... This statement really infuriates me HOW CAN YOU BE FORCED TO PUT HER DOWN IF YOU CAN'T FIND A PET-SITTER BY THE 1ST OF FEB? Am I missing something here? Is this the one that accidentally got pregnant? This is the kind of thread that really bothers me ...

Liz - I'm sso thankful you leave in Indiana and you're willing to TAKE this dog... I saw your reply under Dog Rescue... I wish this would work out...

I feel so frustrated and so helpless when I read this kind of story ... I wish this pup the best of luck... She deserves to live life to the fullest in the company of humans who will be there for them no matter what...

I understand the option of putting the dog to sleep if the dog is suffering and in pain..... I'm hoping and praying that anyone who decides to get a pet would understand that it's a lifetime commitment... They depend on us so much that even their life is in our hands...

I'll stop here... I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings... I just feel so helpless for the German SHepherd pup that I know I must say something

WHAT?!?!? You are going to have to put her down if you don't find a petsitter?!?!? What kind of reason is that to kill an innocent animal? To put an animal down just because you can't find her a petsitter is a crime! I think its better to put her outside and let her roam until someone finds her and takes her home than to put her down (although that is NOT an option I would even consider). If you don't mind me asking, why do you need to have her sitted for 1-2 months? Are you going on vacation, or moving away? I really hope this pup finds someone to love and care for her. She truely deserves it. If you cannot find a sitter, take her to a shelter. DO NOT put her down!!! She doesn't deserve to be killed for no reason!!

If you want a pet-sitter fast, we need more info fast!! Please answer the following questions:

Why must you have your dog pet-sitted for 1-2 months?

Why would you have to put your dog down?

Is your dog pregnant?

Why is your dog living outside?

Would you consider letting us help you find the dog a new home instead?

PLEASE REPLY SOON!

Does any one else but me ever wonder if posts like this are real or not. I mean, lexie has not come back with a response. If it were 100% true, she/he would be taking up one of the many options. I often think some people like to play with our minds, get us all upset and sit back and watch everyone's blood pressure raise.

I think everyone has already said what is on my mind. If you need someone to take care of her for 1-2 months and need to have some one by Feb 1, why did you post 2 days prior to the deadline? Why do you have to go away for 1-2 months? And don't you think putting her down just because you need to leave for 1-2 months is an absurd idea?!

I have read up on some of your posts and am wondering if this the pregnant GSD mix you wrote about earlier this month.

I second jenluckenbach's comment. If you were SO concerned to get her a pet sitter, you would have checked back on this post and replied. If in fact you enjoy upsetting people and sitting back to watch, then shame on you!
    Last edited by DoggiesAreTheBest; 01-31-2003 at 06:20 AM.

Karen, who is this person? Do you know, or can you find out what this is all about? This can't really be happening here with all these wonderful, caring people to help.... Lexie, what are you trying to do? What... oh never mind, I'll just piss you off if I continue
    Laurie

I don't understand. Please do NOT have this poor sweet girl put down. I'll ask the same questions--are you moving or going away?? Or is she abuot to have puppies and you do not know how to care for her or them during this time in their lives? If either of these are true, please look in your phone book--find a rescue, or a dog sitting organization. Call your vet, maybe he or she can help you. Are there any kennels in your area--call them and find out if they can take her.
    I'm not in your area, nor do I have the room, but I would take her in a second, if only to find her a good home.
    Please reply to someone soon.

Jen, I have to agree. What about the other dogs? Wouldn't they need a pet sitter too? What about a vet or a kennel?

When you have pets you cannot just say, well I'm going on vacation and THEN the day before you plan to leave try to find a place for your dog!

I always ask MONTHS in advance if my parents or Andy's parents can watch Kia. If not, I contact the vet or a kennel. If I can't find anyone.. vacation plans are cancelled.. simple as that.

I hope you let Liz buy her from you. The dog deserves better. And you should stop breeding all together. You are obviously not responsible enough to breed or even keep a dog in my opinion.

I don't know how old you are but if you're under age and your parents allow this stuff to happen then shame on them.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

WHAT?????????????

OK, I'm not going to comment, because I have to watch my language on this board.

Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky