Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: seen any good movies lately?

seen any good movies lately?

just curious to know what movies you guys would recommend or not recommend. (preferably ones that are showing in theatres now )

i recently saw "just married" and thought it was hilarious. anyone else?

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I posted this in a different thread, but I saw Chicago last weekend and LOVED it!

really? it must be good, to have won all those awards. mind telling me what its about? it kinda seems like a broadway version of moulin rouge or something

from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.

YOU MUST WATCH "ALL THE LITTLE ANIMALS!! Soooo good, hearty!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Originally posted by primabella
    really? it must be good, to have won all those awards. mind telling me what its about? it kinda seems like a broadway version of moulin rouge or something
    That is sorta what I thought it would be, cause I had never seen the stage show, even though I knew a lot of the music. It is and it isn't. The basic story is that Renee Zellwegger is a young married woman who dreams of performing onthe stage. She kills this guy that lies to her and ends up in jail. Catherine Zeta-Jones is already a star, but is now also in jail for murder. Richard Gere is the fast0talking lawyer trying to get them off. There is a great mix of what is really going on the Broadway show version that Renee sees in her mind. Sorta hard to explain how it is done, but Great music, great costumes, great dancing.

Re: seen any good movies lately?

Originally posted by primabella
    i recently saw "just married" and thought it was hilarious. anyone else?
    I just saw that too! Wasn't it good? I loved the part when they were at the airport and the girl put gum in the guy's hair! LOL! I also have seen Maid in Manhattan. It was great too. I don't know if anyone really wants to see this but I saw the Wild Thornberries. It was actually pretty good, I thought it was going to be stupid. Um, I saw The Ring, but that has been out of theaters for awhile, infact it should be coming out soon, or at least that's what my mom said. I am thinking about seeing the Two Towers. I don't know if any of my friends want to see that though. Hm...what else have I seen...well I guss that's it.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

my fave part in just married has to be when they were on the airplane and had cotton swabs up their nose. lmao, also when she's like "didn't you ever have dreams when you were a kid?" and he's thinking about him and his friends fighting like jedi's. i was dying..lol! the wild thornberries looks dumb, i dunno. i can't watcha show or movie unless the drawings are done nicely. its this thing i have...lol well, there's also about schmidt. lol.

gina's ark - i have never heard about that movie. when did it come out?

I see a lot of movies..I saw "Just married" a little while ago and saw "National Securaty" last weekend. I enjoyed both :] I'm going to see "A Guy Thing" tomorrow, anyone seen it think it was good/bad?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Mom and I saw "Catch Me if You Can" last weekend...pretty good!

(Ya know it's gotta be good if my mom stayed awake for it...she's notorious for falling asleep during movies! lol )

For those nearer retirement age you might enjoy, About Schmidt. My husband and I thought it was hilarious and a bit depressing at the same time. And anyone who likes documentaries, I would recommend Michael Moore's *Bowling for Columbine*....chilling is the word that can best describe it.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

We saw "About a Boy" with Hugh Grant on Thursday night. I really liked it...though Markus' Mom was just a little Too ummmm strange, maybe? But I really like Hugh Grant's movies, and this one was just as good as the rest of them.

i wanna see how to lose a guy in 10 days. i saw the preview and thought it looked pretty good. i have no idea how a guy thing is though. i saw stuart little this morning...that was cute

I have seen The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (PG-13), 5 times. I am going for 10 or more, to beat my record of 9 for The Fellowship of the Ring. I have also seen Gangs of New York (R) once. Both movies are very good, and if you haven't seen them yet- you have to see them.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    I have seen The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (PG-13), 5 times. I am going for 10 or more, to beat my record of 9 for The Fellowship of the Ring. I have also seen Gangs of New York (R) once. Both movies are very good, and if you haven't seen them yet- you have to see them.
    My friend and I were thinking about going to See Gangs of New York. But I had to leave school early so I couldn't go. But I'll have to see it some other time! Oooh I wanna see LOTR, obviously I can tell by how many times you saw it that it was good.

I'm planning on going to the movies with my friend sometime this week, is "Catch Me If You Can" any good? Or maybe LOTR? Anyone see "Kangaroo Jack"? My science teacher said it was good, but I don't know, he's not my favorite person right now. What about About Schmidt? Hmm... gunna have to check Moviefone.com again! Maybe my mom will take me to Chicago one day, she wants to see it, and I guess it wouldn' hurt to check it out.

my fave part in just married has to be when they were on the airplane and had cotton swabs up their nose. lmao, also when she's like "didn't you ever have dreams when you were a kid?" and he's thinking about him and his friends fighting like jedi's. i was dying..lol!
    Rotflmao! I feel bad for the dog that ran off the window though. But thank God that didn't happen to the dog in real life. Well, I better shut up now, people probably want to see it!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

lol, those were great parts! the LOTR didn't do much for me. i guess it varies with each person. gangs of new york looks pretty good though.