Thread: Hey Mugsy! (and other teachers)

Hey Mugsy! (and other teachers)

I don't know if you get the NEA Today magazine/flyer but I was readin' this article and thought of ya...

Humane Essay Contest

Students in grades 2-12 can enter The Funds for Animals' annual National Humane Essay Contest. A $200 (first prize) and a $100 (second prize) US Savings bond will be awarded to winners chosen in four grade-level categories: grades 2-3, grades 4-5, grades 6-8, and grades 9-12. Elementary school students will write a brief essay on the treatment of performing animals in circuses, while secondary students can write longer essays debating the appropriateness of local ordinances to ban circuses with animal acts.

All essays must be received by Feb. 28, 2003. For more information, visit www.fund.org or contact Norm Phelps at 301/585-2591 ext. 210 or [email protected].

Unfortunately, Mom's students are too young to write the essays. Maybe some of your students would be interested in it, though!

I printed your info out Zippy...thanks...I'll give it to our Language Arts department head, since I'm really pressed right now to get my standards covered by the end of year. Thanks though, I hope she uses it. Our school does a lot of essay contests, so she probably will be.

Hey Lillycat...how about your kids???

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Lillycat's kids are too young, but, I think some other's in her school might be interested. I will tell her about it! Lillycat has had a low pro for awhile...hmmmm...momma, what is up with that?