Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiger likes tortillas.

Tiger likes tortillas.

Since I moved to Kansas, I have missed the Mexican cuisine, that is so readily available in Calif and Ariz. However, I did find one authentic Mexican restaurant in town. I brought home some tortillas ("de harina", wheat) from there and began to eat them. Tiger, often wants whatever I am eating. But many times it is only wishful thinking because once she realizes that she doesn't like it, she will go away. However, yesterday I think she could have eaten a half tortilla. The more I gave her the more she wanted. I do not understand what there is about tortillas that she would want.

.......wayne

that's too funny.....

Since I do not like tortillas, I can't say if the cats would or not. But I do find that they often like the strangest stuff.

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    But I do find that they often like the strangest stuff.
    I think this is what you can chalk it up to, Wayne.

My mom's cat, The Cranker, will not beg for anything and really could care less about human food unless my mom is eating Musk Melon. The second she cuts into one he is right there begging, meowing and rubbing on her legs like you wouldn't believe. He doesn't care about chicken, turkey or anything else, just musk melon, so who knows where they get their likes and dislikes from.

With the herd that you have I'm surprised you can eat anything without quite the audience.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

If by musk melon you are referring to cantaloupe, my RB girl kitty was insane for it too! She would go in the trash when we weren't looking and pull out the rinds so she could chew on them.
    I wonder if there's some nutrient in it that cats naturally crave, or if it has a catnip-like effect or something.

Wayne, were they just plain tortillas, with no meat inside?
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

2 of my cats are ultimate trash diggers. It's awful, you'd expect that from a dog. Cupcake and Boo Boo get together and remove trash items, food or paper products and have a ball!! The latest tonight was shredding up a q-tip. And for those who are wondering they ARE well fed. Poor Cupcake is probably about 15 lbs now
    I have had Minnie since I was 4 years old!! I am 18 now, she is truly my best friend for life!! I also am a momma to 6 other beauties as well :-)

I am surprised about a cat wanting canteloupe or muskmellon
    Yes, my tortillas were just plain tortillas, with nothing added to them. I could understand if I had hamburger or some other taco condiment, but only plain tortillas? But then again, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised because Tiger will investigate practically everything I eat. It has also been recently discovered that she loves "party mix" that dry cereal-type stuff that contains pieces of bread stick, rice and wheat chex, several kinds of pretzels, all baked in beefbroth. In fact, Chris also begs for them, and becomes very excited when ever I give him a few to eat. As far as drawing an "audince" about what I eat, that is true. Depending on what it is, I can draw as many as 7 or 8 of them in the case of pizza or BBQd' chicken, as a few as two, and they are usually Tiger and Chris.

...........wayne

Wayne, a week or two ago, Filou ate half a cooked and peeled potato when I didn't look.
    Some of them think: It's for humans so it HAS to be good

Regarding the fruit lovers: Filou loves mangoes to, but only when they are very ripe and sweet.

What is a musk mellon? ( I live in Mass LOL we dont have those)
    I have had Minnie since I was 4 years old!! I am 18 now, she is truly my best friend for life!! I also am a momma to 6 other beauties as well :-)

Originally posted by JillLovesMinnie14yrs
    What is a musk mellon? ( I live in Mass LOL we dont have those)
    I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but it's real similar to a cantaloupe. It's the orangey melon you get if you've ever ordered a fruit plate.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Oooo So a fancy fruit .... cool! Tell me, does Tubby eat his fruit??

Originally posted by JillLovesMinnie14yrs
    Oooo So a fancy fruit .... cool! Tell me, does Tubby eat his fruit??
    No, Tubby is more of a junk food junkie.

He likes pizza, popcorn, doritos and the like. Of course he'll eat just about anything....except fruits or vegetables, wants nothing to do with those.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

He's no dummy!! He knows what he likes!! The good stuff!!

Hmmm i think the weirdest food product is the inside of nutri grain bars and pop tarts, the fake jelly ...... Boo Boo goes nuts for that filling

Minnie is a junkie. I figure shes 14 so I am going to let her eat what she wants, I mean what the heck. I am happy to see her eat!! She digs onto pizza, fish and chips, ham, turkey, tortellinis, potatoes, and eggs are on the top of her list. I do know that her breath is wicked stinky!!

Yesterday, I ate an apple turn-over while watching TV. I had to "chase" both Tiger and Chris away!

..............wayne

Cats are "The Picky-ness of it". Mocha Bean likes cheese. Preferably the expensive deli kind. Garbonzo Bean WILL NOT touch cheese, only certain deli turkey or chicken. Garbonzo has also developed a taste for my sister's Banana Nut Bread

My sister has one cat Snoot who will go nuts over anything with Pasta Sauce...Tomato only please. And I think it was either Snoot or Psycho who would eat anything as long as you told her it was bread.

I think many a man has driven themselves to the brink of madness trying to understand the cat.

Cats are "The Picky-ness of it".

Missy, who has been MIA for 10 years, ate raw pumpkin!

Smokey the Elder loved chicken and lamb.

Moby is a bread thief, also likes most meat. Most of my cats like chicken and lamb and beg for ham but can't have it.

Diamond loves potato chips and cheddar cheese.

We do a lot of cooking with onions which offends my cats terribly since they can't do "Quality control"!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb