Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't like dogs today

RE: rude people

The other day, I walked into work all cheerful and the start of a good day. Then an irate customer called and yelled at me over something that was COMPLETELY out of my hands, and even out of the service tech's hands. After hanging up the phone, I started bawling (OK, so it was that time of the month) but it completely ruined the morning. I hate irate people, but especially in the morning.

Originally posted by Glacier
    Sorry about your day, but the part about Nebo brought back many memories. When I got my first husky pup, I lived in an area where northern breeds weren't common. I called all sorts of trainers trying to find a basic obed. class for Earle and was repeatedly told "I don't work with huskies" A couple people told me that a husky was untrainable so I basically hung up on them. One guy told me that huskies "take over" and lead the rest of the class of the astray. When I finally found a class that would take Earle--that's exactly what he did LOL Four years later, Earle still howls like I am killing him if there is anyone watching while I give him a down command!
    LMAO really? Wow, I really cannot believe that, it's hilarious! What area was this? Huskies really are not too common around here either (but lots of labs! There's 3 just in my class!)

I have heard that many people think huskies are "stupid" but they are in NO WAY stupid...stubborn, yes, but not stupid. Nebo is very intelligent (of course my opinion is biased ) but he definitely has a mind of his own! Still, even with that, he listens better then both of my other dogs put together. Lol, I wonder if Nebo will "take over" and lead the rest of the class astray....haha, it's possible... I'd love to hear about Earle's experiences in his class!

RICHARD, thanks for the advice. It is very good, and I will remember it next time I run into one of THOSE customers. Unfortunately, I was slow-witted to know what to say back...It was more of an apology (what did I do wrong anyway?) and "Uhh....maybe you should talk to the manager..." I really wish I could talk to people better!

I used to work at a gas station, so I'm used to annoying err...<stupid> customers. But there, I didn't feel so bad, as it would never involve living creatures. I try to be really nice to cashiers....so many people don't realize (or don't care) that they really can NOT blame that person for everything wrong in the store!