Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He did it......he finally did it!

He did it......he finally did it!

Dylan did it. He walked today all by himself!!!!!!!!! I put him down and he just started to go and took a whole five steps all by himself. That was about ten minutes ago and now he won't stop lol! He was already cruising etc. and could walk with us but now this tops it all! I am so proud of my little boy!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Congratulations to you and Dylan. He will be walking everywhere, will no longer be statisfied with stollers or child seats.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

LOL I know, isn't it great!!!!!!!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

WOO HOO Way to go Dylan!!!!!!! He'll Really keep you on your toes now!

YAH!!! I have a two year old sister and once she started walking theres been NO peace!! LOL! Have Fun

Congratulations. I'm thrilled for you all.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Thanks everyone! It's just so exciting. We weren't even expecting it at all. And the coolest thing is that we both got to see it, Dan and I.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

That's great!! My friend's baby just started walking also. She'll take a few steps and if you glance over she'll sit down. Almost like she doesn't want you to know she can walk...easier to get into things and blame someone else ya know?! I joke that she's hiding her walking ability until she can all out run and then watch out world!

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

WOW isn't that super !!?!! Have fun , Dylan !!

Be warned "luckies4me" : your cats , rats , etc..;, are not safe anymore ....

That's lovely - time to stow away all the 'stuff' you don't want him getting his little fingers on!! LOL! And childproof lock on cupboards are a great idea!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Congrats To You and Dylan!!

I know it has to be really exciting for you. I remember when Kaitlynn started walking it seems just like yesterday. My one friend Susan was up here I think she was after Susan. Anyways she got up and started walking toward her. I can remember how happy we were. I can't believe my little girl will be turning 3 years old in another couple of weeks.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Originally posted by lut
    WOW isn't that super !!?!! Have fun , Dylan !!

Be warned "luckies4me" : your cats , rats , etc..;, are not safe anymore ....
    LOL, they haven't been safe for a long time lol! He already cruises and crawls obviously so he gets to whereever he wants. Walking is not a big deal because he will only be able to get to the things he already can reach while standing/cruising.

He is really gentle with the cats and if he tries anything they just walk away. Mystic actually encourages rough handling....he LOVES it for some odd reason although he is a weird cat anyway.....

The rats are out of his reach, he would crush them in a heartbeat. He does get visiting time with them while I am holding them and I let him pet them or sit on his shoulder. He gets a kick out of that! He thinks it is so funny!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by lynnestankard
    That's lovely - time to stow away all the 'stuff' you don't want him getting his little fingers on!! LOL! And childproof lock on cupboards are a great idea!

Lynne
    That was done a LONG time ago.........

The whole house has been child proof sense before he began to crawl. We have safety locks, baby gates to completely block off the kitchen/bathroom, outlet covers that are VERY ( it is unsafe to use the small round covers as they can easily be pulled out and choked on) safe. We use these safety first kind that that cannot be taken off that competely replaces the old cover, you screw the new one in and if you want to use the outlet you have to push in two sides for it to open up. I would go on and on about all the types of safety gadgets in this house but it would take at least thirty minutes lol. I even have tings we don't need yet......what can I say? I am just paranoid like that I guess...can't skimp on safety.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I'm A Little Late...

Congratulations to you, Dan, and Dylan! I hope he has tons of fun exploring on two feet!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Congrats to Dylan!! Way to go!!!