Some background...I have a small apartment about 600 square feet. The cats are not allowed in either of the bedrooms(one is mine, the other is the ferrets) The two litter boxes(for the cats) are in the bathroom. I scoop all litterboxes at least once a day, sometimes twice a day. My apt. does IMO have a slight odor when I come home from work. This, I assumed from the litterboxes as I'm gone at work 8 hours a day and the litter box gets full. I scoop when I get home from work and if I'm not running late, I'll scoop in the morning. I use both Arm&Hammer with crystals litter and Fresh Step...both scoopable.

My point...my mother came over today and said it smells like the cats are spraying. What does cat spray smell like? And how do I get rid of it? I really think I'm immune to animal smells...the ferrets don't faze me and neither does a full litter box. Once a week I completely clean all litter boxes(they get dumped and scrubbed). I do the kitchen floors with a little bleach and lots of hot water. The carpets are sprinkled with baking soda and pet odor stuff and vaccummed once or twice a week.

Scout is fixed and the two babies are 6 months old and getting fixed this Thursday(hopefully if they still have the appt. open if not , next week)

It really irks me when any of my family come over or Joey and says the place smells. I don't smell it...but like I said I must be immune. They make me feel like I'm not keeping a clean, neat apartment...when in actuality I'm almost anal about cleaning.

Any advice about odor? Any products that you like and use? Thanks!