Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This world is not fair, it is full of tragedy.

I'm so sorry for you and your family. What an awful waste of life. I don't know what else to say, but please know that we are thinking of you at this time.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I just found out today that the kid driving the van was just released from jail on a prior conviction .... three days ago.

His "reason" was, "I was high." Drug tests have not come back from the lab yet.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Oh man, I hope they nail him. What a joke..the old "I was high" excuse, well nobody put the crackpipe in his hands.

Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

I hope for your sake and your family's that they nail this guy to the wall. Is he a minor?? Please let us know. You're in our thoughts

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

He's seventeen. I am praying he is tried as an adult.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

fight for it!! I'll write a letter if t will help and you need it.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

oh, i am sooo sorry twisterdog!! there are just some real jerks in this world i am praying for you and your family. i really hope he gets what he deserves and is tried as an adult. that excuse is too lame..come on..

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I am so sorry to hear such horrible news! Sometimes you really have to wonder what this world is coming to - and then you run across some absolutely wonderful teenager and your faith is restored.

"Being high" is no excuse and I hope they prosocute as an adult, and to the fullest extent of the law. This is murder if you ask me. May not have been pre-meditated, but it was certainly intentional.

Thoughts and prayers are going out to your family, and especially to his kids - how do you explain something like this to them?

So sad....
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin I really hope that the teenagers in the van get what they deserve My thoughts and prayers are with your family.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

oh, what a horrible, tragic thing to happen to your family!
    I am so sorry to hear this, I also hope they nail the sick kid that did that.
    Faith in God

This is so sad.......what a horrible tragedy.....I really don't know what to say. This is just awful. I hope the kid is tried as an adult.

Update ....

We found out the driver's name today. None of us know him, thank goodness! He was denied bond, which is a good thing! So, he's still in jail. Apparently, the passenger in the van is telling all to the police, which hopefully will also be a good thing.

One of the policemen advised us to "get a very good lawyer." That confused me .... I thought charges were filed by the state in a criminal case? Do we have the option of hiring a prosecution lawyer? I thought that was only for civil suits. Man, this is something I thought I'd never have to learn about.

That's terrible Shanna - I'm holding his wife and children in my thoughts and prayers - how on earth they will come to terms with this I don't know. Just too sad for words.

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

The lawyer may be important if it comes to money, compensation sums etc. Maybe you can pm Cataholic, she's a lawyer.

Good luck!

O I am so sorry! I hope everything works out and I will be praying for the mother and kids. Please hang in there.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka