Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This world is not fair, it is full of tragedy.

This world is not fair, it is full of tragedy.

Yesterday my cousin was standing on the sidewalk in front of his house. A full-sized van driven by two teenagers came barreling down the street, and intentionally swerved and hit him. No drugs or alcohol were present in the driver's blood.

He was life-flighted to Utah, to a bigger hospital. There is no hope. They are turning off his life support today. He will die today.

He is 32 years old, married, with two boys in grade school. A wonderful dad and husband, a hard-worker, the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet.

I've grown up with him since we were babies.

Why, why, why?
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

OMG Twisterdog I am so sorry that this terrible thing has happened to you! Just know that at least he will not be suffering any longer and will be smiling down on you and his wonderful family.

I sure hope those teenagers are sent to prison for life or worse!

My thoughts are with you dear.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Oh I am so sorry. God bless him, his family, and his friends like you. What idiots, to hit an innocent man. Prayers are on the way from us.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

....I'm so sorry....

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

somebody hit my brother swearved and hit my brother once, at a Pairie day festival, he only came out of it with a huge huge bruise, but still there was no sense to it, and again thisis where my fav. quote, "The more I get to know People, the More I LOVE animals"

I'm sooooooooooooo sorry TD 'lot of sick, twisted just plain evil people in this world. What a WASTE.
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

I am so sorry

I don't even have words for this, I am so shocked. I am so sorry for you and your family, especially his wife and children, who will have to go on without him. It's a sick world, indeed, where teens are so densensitized to violence that they would play a real "video game" with a real victim, as it seems they did. When you are feeling up to it, I would like to hear what happens to the driver of the van. I also hope that your cousin was signed up as an organ donor - the loss of his short life could save so many others, so that he could live on in them.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

I am very sorry for you and your family.

Shanna, I'm so sorry for you and your family. It's difficult enough these days for you. Don't know what to say.

OMG! I am so sorry! No words can express my shock and sorrow. I know how very close and dear cousins can be. Many are just as close as brothers and sisters. I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my cousin a few years back in the same way (except that it wasn't on purpose). My 15 year old cousin was walking to school when a huge bus zoomed on the road and ran over him. (The bus driver didn't see him as he was a "small" (in size) boy and the bus was so high, nevertheless, the driver is in jail for life now. His shirt got caught under the wheel and the bus dragged him for a while. His ribs were all crushed and he died instantly. That was the worst loss our family has ever had. Its been about 7 years now, but my aunt still cannot bear to hear his name. She just bursts out crying. He was her first child of 5, and her dearest little boy. He was my mom's favorite nephew, and my brother's favorite cousin. We were in total shock because no one expects such a sudden death of a 15 year old child.
    I am so very sorry for you terrible loss and pray that the teenagers that did this to your cousin, get what they deserve both in this world and in the hereafter.

omg that is awful! i am so sorry this happened.words cannot express how awful this is.seriously,some people in this world Again,i am really sorry and i wish people would not do these things.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

Shanna, I'm so sorry for your loss. Such senselessness. Did the kids give ANY reason?

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

What a shock. Holding your family, and especially his widow and children in my prayers. What a senseless waste... How sick.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/