Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You named your cat what!?

RB cats
    Grisette: because she was grey (blue)
    Minouche: (daughter of Grisette) because she shoudl have a French name too, minouche is a female cat
    Meo: daughter of Grisette -I was told at that time it was the Vietnamese word for cat -nbo idea whether it is true

Now:
    Filou: His official name in his papers was Solo, because he was a single child. I found that sounded to sad and too dark and, anticipating that he would be a mischievous charming boy I called him Filou which means just that

Tigris: he was called Blacky by the people where he was born but this sounded to me like a dog's name; he looks at the first glance like the classical Tiger but as he is also of noble descent (even if it's mixed ) I called him Tigris which sounded more exclusive. You can also pronounce it French, then it means "little grey one" I had no idea that the river Tigris would be discussed that much these days

I got lots!

Minnie - I was four and really into Disney)
    Boo Boo Kitty - Lavern and Shirley
    Veronica - From the movie 'Clerks'
    Cupcake - If you only saw her LOL
    Mitts - He's got cut out paws that look like mittens
    Chuparupa - Just a fun word to say
    Candy - I adopted her with that name.

Foster Cats

Dante & Randal - From the movie 'Clerks'

Peanut, Popcorn, and Pretzel - Snack Foods!! - Pretzel never made it

McGeyver and Blue - McGeyver never made it

Noodle & Cuddles- She had the cutest lil' head!

P.S. Cats Boo Boo through Candy were fosters gone wrong!! (Meaning I ended up adopting them myself )
    I have had Minnie since I was 4 years old!! I am 18 now, she is truly my best friend for life!! I also am a momma to 6 other beauties as well :-)

my cats name is Angel

Finally.....

ACGAS- I had really wondered, and thought perhaps I had forgotten his name. I don't care for Dudley FOR HIM, cause he doesn't look like a Dudley to me. Otherwise, I like the name. I think I like Mr. Belvedere the best.

Mine are all state names. It began with Tex- who WAS named Tux...I wonder why? I wanted to change it a little bit..so, it became Tex...then, TEXAS. I call him Mr. Pooh, Texie-pexie, and Texie the most.

Georgia is Georgie, George, or Georgie-Porgie.

Tennessee is Tenny, Ten, Tenniston, Tennis, Ten-Ten, loverboy.

Dakky is Daksters, Baby Daks, boo-boo.

Alabama is Allie or Alsters (and brattycat when she is bad).

Minnesota is Minnie, or Minmin.

Warning: Long!

MIA and RB kitties:

Mischief: came with that name
    Smokey: how original, a grey kitty but that's what she told me her name was.

Current cats that own me:

Mobius: when she was a kitten, she curled around nose to tail, backwards, and make me think of a Mobius strip.

Diva: came with that name but boy does it fit!

Pixel: from Heinlein's "The Cat that Walks through Walls"

Diamond: has a white diamond-shaped mark on her chest

Tictac: Has a tiny white mark on his chest

Smokey the Younger: Named because she was sent to us by the original Smokey

Bosun: Came with that name

Fosters:

(Diamond's kittens)

Howler: Black kitten with a siren for a meow

Fluffy: B&W long haired female, acted like an airhead

(Dirty) Ernie: B&W male, the messiest kitten I've ever had

(Bosun's kittens)

Tiffany: Dark tortie

Thunder and Lightning: two identical black kittens, sounded like a thunderstorm going thru the house

Mittens: Tuxedo polydacty with catcher's mitts for paws

(Mittens' kittens)

Heinz: 57 varieties, grey tux male
    Flash: gray tux female, lightning shaped mark on nose
    Ashes: gray male
    Quark and Snark: black identical females, from physics and Lewis Carroll

Patches: long haired calico female

(Patches' kittens)

Gumdrop: orange long haired male, future meowmie dropped gum in his fur when she visited him!

Gremlin: gray tabby male, from Gremlins the movie

Abner: orange male, looked like an Abner

Butterscotch: orange male, from his color

Dax: feral orange female, polydactyl, from DS9

(Dax's kittens)

Crooked Ear (RB): orange with crooked ears

Blossom and Freckles: from markings, orange females (rare)

Screech: long haired orange poly male, from his meows

Bailey: orange poly male, just cuz.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
    Well, like it says in my sig, my kitty has many names. The name he was given by my mother-in-law is Dudley, and I have no idea why she picked it. I don't really care for that name, so I call him a lot of different things. Among some of his names recently are:
    Ralphie, Frankie, Joe, Henry, Hank (sometimes Hank Williams Jr.), Gorgeous George, Herman, Mr. Belvedere, Babe Winkleman, Farty Fartboy (this is not because he's gassy; it's from South Park), Bubba Franks, Francis, Melvin, Larry, Sparky Sparkplug...............it all depends on my mood that day . He knows I'm talking to him just by the tone of my voice, so I don't need any particular name to get his attention. (On the medical records though, he's still Dudley.)

Aren't you afraid of giving him a personality disorder?

Maybe you should just call him: Cybill

P. S. All the fosters listed have been adopted, NOT by me! (Except Dax who's feral.)
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Smokey you could write a book of cat names

When I was a kid we got our first cat from one of my mom's students. Mom asked him what her name was and the kid said "Beats me!" So my mom wanted to name her "beats me". But my sister and I hated it, so mom called the kid's mom who said she had been calling her Corinne. Sister and I loved it, so we kept that.

When I was in my early 20's, my boyfriend and I got 2 cats. But we couldn't think of names for them so after 5-6 months, their nick names stuck. His kittie was "Pretty Baby" and mine was "Kitten Schmo" (you know, like Joe Schmo)

Boyfriend let them out before I took them to the vet to get fixed, and they both got pregnant at the same time!!! Well the last 2 from the litter were named Zeke and Zoe. We had planned to keep Zoe (I picked his name because it was my female cousin's name, and she was SO CUTE! And our cat was SO CUTE, he got called Zoe.)

Now, my current 3 cats:
    Zeke - Well, the above Zeke was given away after a week. I couldn't name another cat Zoe (which I LOVED that name) so this cat got called Zeke.

Jordy - I used to have a friend who's cat was named Jordy and he was SO CUTE yet UGLY, and my cat reminded me of his cat Jordy. My Jordy is beautiful now, but he was ugly as a kitten. His name at the humane society was Foot because he's got 7 toes ON EACH FOOT!!!

Noel - she's a female, but I found her on Christmas Eve, so I wanted to pick a Christmasy name for her. I didn't want her to be Noelle, so she got Noel Her nickname is Noey or "the little Noey Girl"
    Zeke, Jordy, and now, Noel (little girl)

Twinkles - She looks exactly li8ke my Mom's old Cat Twinkles so that's what we named her

Mischief - We just started calling her that one day

Mimi - My mom decided on that name

Vader - Named after Darth Vader

Rascal - He was named that when we got her

Majesty - Her old name was Wannabe, and we really disliked it, and Majesty just popped into our heads.

Hercules & Xena - We were looking on a website and found Hercules, and then Xena

Peppurr - Again, my mom came up with this one

Felix - We just started calling him that one day

~*kItTiEz*~
    Snowball(now resting in peace on the RB)~ because she was white, and of course a ball of fur!
    Sally~ My mom's best friend's name is Sally, and it seemed to fit. Actually, Sally (the person) named her next Kitty Alli, after my mom!
    ~*OtHeRz*~
    Lady~ It was a nice name, and of course she was a lady.
    Floppsy~ From the book Peter Cottontail, Floppsy, Moppsy, and Cottontail. She had floppy ears, hence the name Floppsy. Peter Cottontail was one of my favorite books when I was younger, and my grandpa used to read it to me all the time.
    Kelsey~ Named after Kelsey Grammer, one of my favorite actors.
    Mooka~ It was suggested by a Pet-Talker!
    Bubbles~ Suggested by a Pet-Talker!
    Popcorn~ Named after Popcornbird's Popcorn!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Mini - because we were told he'd always be a small cat. We were also told he was a she so we named 'her' Minnie after Minnie Mouse, then found out he was a boy, so he's name after the Mini Cooper.

Jasmine - it just suited her

Pickles and Tabasco - we thought these names would be nice for two cheeky cats before we got them. Luckily they suited their names
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

weelll......indra for indiana (not quite sure how that ended in indra)....nevvie for nevada.....and washy for washington......sorry my list is soooo short.....cataholic is waaay ahead......

Originally posted by rosethecopycat
    Aren't you afraid of giving him a personality disorder?
    If I did, he would blend in just that much better with the rest of our family !
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

My cats name is Hayley. When we decided to get a cat my friend said she liked the name Harley for a male. My husband loved it and decided that would be it. When we got to Critters the cat that picked us was a female. My husband went as close to Harley as he could get. Hayley!
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey