Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's Ripley!!

Soooooo cute! Glad it is working out so good. I remember when you got Bella.

Ripley has a wonderful face. When he gets some fur back he'll be so handsome you'll have to chase the girls off with a stick!

I think it is so great how the pups are taking to each other.

He's adorable!!! Congrats again on the new family member!

This was taken this afternoon. It looks likes he only has 3 legs (teehee!) but he sort of prances.

This was later on. I was outside and my daughter caught them watching me. This little guy has become my shadow. Bella always was my shadow, and now I have two.

Boy I would love to know his background! I guess anyone who has adopted a pet from unknown circumstances feels this way. What a sweet little boy he is!

See Pam, now you too have a blk. and wht.!!!!!!!
    Wow are they Perfect together or what!?!?!?!?
    Love the sweatshirt!!!!!!!
    He looks tight at home!!!!!
    You Just must feel GREAT!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

I know that this isn't about Bella, but gosh, she sure is a beautiful dog!

7. Believe It Or Not

Is he really a poodle??? One thing is for sure....he is adorable and at a shelter!

Oh He is such a cutey. Congradulations, you found a real sweet heart. Also I wanted to add that Bella is such a beautiful girl. I bet Ripley is in Love!

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

AWW what a cutie!! Looks like a younger, slightly bigger (and shaved ) version of Smokey! Congrats!! I wish my dogs would have got along that well from the start! More pics!!

p.s. do you know his age approximately?

Oh, Pam!!!!!!!! They are ADORABLE together!!! It couldn't have worked out any better!! What a GOOD GIRL our sweet, beautiful Bella is; the perfect "big sister!" And doesn't Ripley look precious in his little doggie coat! I'm so happy for you all! How did the night go???? Keep those pics coming, pal!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks again everyone. You are all so sweet. Bella is a bit embarrassed by all of the flattery but her mom feels that she is quite beautiful too and she's being so sweet to her new little brother. Sara, I do believe he is 100% poodle. He is my sixth poodle and I see nothing in him that doesn't look 'poodle' and he acts just like a proper poodle. LOL! His tail curls up a little which I believe is as a result of the way he was docked as a puppy. This is the only difference I have noted between him and my others. I think he is probably about 2-3 years old but he has an appointment with the vet today so I will go by what he thinks. He selected Trevor's birthday for us since his beginnings were of unknown origin, being found at a pet shop.

He continues to be a sweetie. He keeps his crate clean and does his business all outside, with the exception of a little misplaced poopie yesterday on the living room floor. When I said NO he cowered and ran away. Surely someone cared for him at some point in his life as he is just so sweet. The matted condition of his fur (you would NEVER have believed it if you had seen him at the shelter before they shaved him) would lead you to believe otherwise though. His background will remain a mystery.

This particular shelter had many purebred looking dogs. The day I took Ripley home two new ones had come in - a pomeranian and a shih tzu. Sara, do you think Gavin would like a sister???

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Pam Ripley's a sweetie and it sounds like him and Bella are doing great together. I can't wait to here more about them and hopefully he'll bring you the same amount of joy that my little guy has.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

We saw the White Coats today and Ripley got a clean bill of health (no worms, no heartworms, no Lyme, etc.) He will get the big snip on Feb. 7th. The vet estimated that he is 3 years old so we will go with that. The little guy has had two mistakes in the house today so I can't really say that he is completely housebroken, but he certainly knows that he did something wrong and definitely recognizes the word NO. I think he just doesn't stay outside long enough. I have started walking with him in the yard, on a leash, to coax him to stay out a little longer and direct him to the places he has gone before but with his shaved little body and the temp in the 20's today with snow on the ground I can't say that I blame him! I know he'll catch on quickly. Bella is still quite amazed that he is here as are the kitties.

Oh Pam I am just thrilled! I feel almost as if I got a new dog myself! You just mentioned not too long ago now neat it was to see the transistion from 1 to 2 to 3 etc. pets. I remember when you just had Andy and Trevor, and then the joyous day came that a most adorable, white, fluff ball who you named Bella entered your home and your heart. Now it's a darling little rescue pup who could not be any cuter or fit in any better! Pam, my friend, I am just thrilled for you. Ripley is incredibly beautiful and adorable and he sounds like he was born to be with you.

Congrats Pam! Congrats Bella! (I am sure she's thrilled to bits about having a play buddy) Congrats Ripley!

By the way, I LOVE his name! Did he come with it or did you name him?

Hugs from Leslie, Graham, Kersey & Minion

OMG OMG OMG!!! Congratulations Pam! I was overjoyed when I saw this thread! I just love happy stories, and this is the perfect happy story!! It sure does look like Ripley was meant to find you and you him! What a wonderful transition he has made into his new home and with his new family. That is wonderful! Bella is such a good big sister. I too remember the day you brought Bella home and the thread asking for name suggestions for her! Wow! I can't believe it! I am glad the kitties are taking it ok too. Lots of warm wishes and hugs to you, dear friend and your newest family member! Give all 4 of your kids some lovins for me!
    **hugs**
    Karen