Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pit Bull attack...

I totally agree with Sandra, and there is no way that I could ever express it better than she has, so all I'll say is "Amen". I'm also blessing her comment about Simba, KayAnn. He is just adorable and I love seeing his picture every time you post!!!
    Logan

*BaSim* ~*~
    You're right. I shouldnt've posted that. You can deleate it if you want! I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SORRY!!! WILL YOU FORGIVE ME?????????? I PROMISE I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do it again!!! Your Simba is ADORABLE!!!!!!! I wish I could have him!!! Can you pllleeeeeeese forgive me???? I guess Pit Bulls aren't THAT bad!!! I just never got a chance to be around them. I've heard all these dog attacks, but that dosen't mean I should blame it on Pit Bulls. Again, I'm reeeeeeeeeeaaaaallllllyyyyyy sorry!!!

Simba is such a sweet dog. I would love to meet him. I would not be afraid, not for a moment.

*LabLoverKEB*, you are forgivin. As for the rest of you thank you for you sweet comments about Simba. The "Stinky Boy" just got a bath today! I got him a new brush it works very well and easy to get the hair out of the brush. It is called...the Snap-N-Clean

It has this lil plastic tray thing and u pop that up and all of the hair comes out of the brush and it does a good job of getting all the loose fur!

Ok i will admit Simba is VERY protective... but in a way its a good thing! Today we had to get a beware of dog sign because Simba barked and growled at a sales person. The sales person walked into the porch. He saw Simba barking and running towards him. My mom was yelling to the guy to go out the porch door befor he comes. And what did the guy do? he kept walking towards the front door! Simba ran up to him and the guy stuck his breif case out Simba bit his breif case and luckily my mom came up and grabbed Simba. It wasnt that Simba is aggressive. He is just protective. If we were to take simba out some were anyone could walk up and pet him. Unless its just me and simba walking he growls if someone comes up that Simba doesn't know. He is VERY protective over me. Welll right now he is waiting for me to go nite nite with him!

------------------

*.KayAnn.*&Simba*RuFf*

Oh, BaSim, you have to be very careful of Simba being protective like that. There is a fine line between protection and aggression. Trust me, I know. I am speaking from experience. I had a wonderful Rottie who was the same way. He was protective and I thought, well, that's a good thing. Until the day he broke loose and attacked a neighbor who was walking in front of our house. He crossed that fine line. Although he was such a wonderful dog, the guilt is sometimes unbearable. Fortunately the neighbor was not hurt but it could have been so much worse. Keep an eye on that protectiveness. Don't let him cross that fine line. I'd hate to see anybody go through what we went through.
    By the way, Simba is a very handsome fellow.

[This message has been edited by Stenograsaurus (edited May 09, 2001).]

I agree with Stenograsaurus. Perry is a pretty good size for a mini schnauzer, maybe 26 pounds and he is very protective of us and anyone coming into our yard. We realize this and have to be very careful, if someone comes to the front door, we have to put him outside in a fenced patio. He is so loving with us, you would never know he had this in him, but he does. He is also aggresive towards children and other dogs so we exercise him in our lower yard which is pretty big and fenced and when taking him out, he always has a harness on him and always, always on a leash. We have taken him to a dog behaviorist but it really didn't help, so we are very careful with him since we know his tendencies.

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much *BaSim*!!!!!! Sadie, my black Lab, judt got a bath yesterday, too!!!!! She smelled like a pig!!!! Simba, you are soooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to apoligize to you, too, Simba, for saying those mean things about Pit Bulls!!!!! When I was at my friends house, I saw a Pit Bull mix, and she was just the sweetest thing!! Again, thanks for forgiving me, *BaSim*!!!!!!!!! I PROMISE I won't say anything else mean about Pit Bulls!!!! Just don't say anything about Labs, ok???? Because Labs are my first love!!!! *BaSim*, lets not ever let this happen again, ok? Simba, you are adorable!!! I printed your picture on the computer on the day that you were dog of the day, sometime in February!!! again, THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH, for forgiving me!!!!! I really appreciate it!!!!!!! :d :0

I dont own any pit bulls, but I think pit bulls are one of the most sweetest dogs in the world. What I mean is, the reason these poor creatures are mean is their rotten owners. Like, their owners make them mean by abusing them just because they have a look that the are mean so they make them mean. I just get so steamed when I hear everybody(tv shows, news)talk about pit bull attacks when there are so many other breeds of dogs that also attack people or kids in this case as much as pit bulls and rottweilers and other misunderstood breeds of dogs. I have heard several labs and goldens attack and hurt people(I am not putting those breeds down, I actually own a lab and golden). I think they should stop just talking about dog attacks or if they want to continue talk about all the dog attacks, not just pit bulls. Sorry, I wrote so much. This topic is a good one. I feel so bad for those poor mistreated pit bulls.

*Stephanie*
    *Lab Lover*

Even though i have never really met a pit bull i am ABSOLUTELY SURE they cannot be nearly as bad as what the media makes them out to be. They are only doing that for a *story* and that makes me so MAD!!!

P.S. Simba is really cool and adorable!!

[This message has been edited by karlicat (edited May 09, 2001).]