Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What books are you reading?

What books are you reading?

Anyone currently reading a book, or two or three...

Post them here, maybe someone else is reading it too!

I'm currently reading:

*Chicken Soup for the Soul of America

*When Jesus Comes by Max Lucado

*The Feline Mystic

*How to Act Right, When your Spouse Acts Wrong (very good book, btw, especially for newlyweds)
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I'm reading a bunch of dog behavior books right now for my internship:

- The Dog Whisperer by Paul Owens

- The Dog's Mind by Bruce Fogle

- The Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson

- The Other End of the Leash by Patricia McConnell

I also finished reading On Talking Terms with Dogs by Turid Rugaas and a few others.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I'm in the middle of John Grishams 'The Bretheren' - and I'm just on my way up to bed to get stuck into it again - gosh it's so good.
    'Night-'night God Bless to everyone xxx
    Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

I am currently reading books in the Left Behind Series. For anyone who is familiar with those, I am just finishing the Mark. Pretty captivating. I also have been bit by the Lord of the Rings bug after seeing the movie so I might have to start that trilogy.

I'm reading "to kill a mocking bird" in English class. Others we've already read are "Tangerine" and "A door near here"

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Cougie Wechsler
    I am currently reading books in the Left Behind Series. For anyone who is familiar with those, I am just finishing the Mark. Pretty captivating. I also have been bit by the Lord of the Rings bug after seeing the movie so I might have to start that trilogy.
    I LOVE the "Left Behind" books!!!! I am waiting for the newest one to come out in paper back (I read in the bathtub every night). The Mark is great! You'll LOVE the books that follow, that really is a great series. Enjoy!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by Kfamr
    I'm reading "to kill a mocking bird" in English class.
    Mark & I are in the middle of that book also! We try and read together everynight. We take reading out loud...sometimes every other chapter, sometimes every other page. I have a habit of falling asleep though when I'm really tired. Then I miss out.

To Kill A Mockingbird is a classic! You should see the movie when you're done. Both are great (though I always prefer the book).

Search and Rescue Dogs "Training the K-9 Hero"- American Rescue Dog association (All about training dogs to be search and rescue dogs, what I'm doing with Chewy right now, although he wont be a profesional one)

Better Behavior in Dogs "A Guide to Solving All Your Dogs Problems"- Willian E. Campbell

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I am reading:The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and Chicken Soup for the Cat & Dog Lovers Soul
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

In the last week, I have read, three books by Iris Johansson, Face of Deception ,The Killing Game, and The Search , John Grisham's The Summons and now I am working on Stud Rites by Susan Conant. I have another Susan Conant to read after that, then more Iris Johansson's. I am also looking forward to Patricia Cormwell's true crime, Portrait of a Killer (Jack the Ripper), once my friend finishes it!

I'm reading Monster by Jonathan Kellerman

I'm reading Kentucy Heat, by Fern Micheals. I just finished Animal Farm (Again, great book ) And Wednesdays Child By Peter Robinson

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    I'm rereading A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony for the fourth or fifth time, and tonight I borrowed Cloud of Sparrows by Takashi Matsuoka from work.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Oh my!

I'm alternating between three books right now.

Primary Colors by Anonymous Okay novelized 'history' of the democratic primary process in late 80s, early 90s...

Peace like a River by Leif Enger Novel set in 1960s -- how a family was effected when one member uses violence to stop criminals who were targetting them. I love the language in the book, it's hypnotic and poetic... the characters are fascinating, but the story line is troubling me.

The Rosewood Casket by Sharyn McCrumb This is either the third or fourth in her 'ballad' murder mystery series: they are set in Appalachian mountain country Tennessee, the main characters are the Sheriff and his crew. Each book reflects a folk ballad in the theme/crime/ or one or more of the characters. Hmmm. I love the ways that the various themes play together in each book, that the sheriff and crew are good and earnest people, and learning more about environmental issues (a frequent subtopic)... Her books are well researched. In general, I really like them... but! I usually wind up depressed at the end of each of these books. I guess it's more real life to have the plot ends left frayed and unsolved ... but I'd like to believe that the pain(s) that they've gone through were 'for' something. I particularly love the character of the psychic woman on the hill, and try to learn from her philosophy. (Okay, a mixed review here.)
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/