Thread: HELP!!!!!! ARIES IS REALLY SICK

HELP!!!!!! ARIES IS REALLY SICK

I took Aries to the Local pet E.R. because she had bumps all over her body and she was throwing up so they gave her two shots and some benedrill 25mg. but they only gave use four pills and we were to give her 2 pills every eight hours. and feed her boiled rice and beef and let her drink water. well she was fine on sunday then yesterday she got sick three times and all she had was water so at about 9:00pm i made her some rice and beef and she loved it. and then i let her sit for a hour and then i took her for a walk she slept the whole night and did not get sick in her crate and the bumps were gone. but the reason i am worried is the bumps have gone away before. and then they have come right back. on the top of here head and her legs i had put a wool blank in her crate a couple of days ago after she got sick on the blanket i usally have in there. so i took out the wool blanket and put in a new cotten one and like i said when i woke up today she looked fine and was playing with me just like she does every morining. she is a great dane doby mix at 60 lbs at 4 1/2 months

Just from what you tell us in your post it sounds like she has an allergy to wool. Benadryl is the usual drug for skin allergies. and skin allergies are more common on short haired dogs.
    Glad she got better so fast most of them take serveral days.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Aries and I have something in commom - a wool allergy! With that thin, sleek Dane/Doberman fur, she's more in contact with her blanket than, say, a collie might be. Tell Aries I can sympathize - when sweaters are advertised as "butter soft lamb's wool" they still feel like sandpaper against MY skin!
    I've Been Frosted

I am so glad Aries is okay. It must have been so scary for you!