Thread: Not again- R.I.P. Mookie

Not again- R.I.P. Mookie

We lost sweet little Mookie this morning- not completely unexpected, she was 20 and for the last 2 years she's been a walking skeleton (despite repeated thyroid tests which showed no abnormality)- she was a tiny little thing from birth in NJ, she and her huge brother Cookie were the first litter our smart trapwise feral mom Sophie had- we were feeding Sophie in the back yard for awhile since she was obviously pregnant and she kept bringing her kits to eat at our outdoor cat-feteria- we got to watch her training them to hunt and everything- we didn't catch Sophie until after her third litter but we got the kittens and most of her boyfriends and got them all fixed and vetted.

Mookie was the first kitten we caught- a very sweet and timid little black kitten with a small white spot on her chest and a bigger one on her belly- she was a quarter of brother Cookie's size- but she was feisty and she stood up for herself to the very end- our biggest 18-pound house panthers knew better than to try and take Mookie's food or she'd paste them- for the last 2 years she's been getting extra food on demand and brother could she demand it! She was front and center by the coffee machine when I got up every morning, ready to yell for her breakfast- she loved lap time and pets and cuddles- and she LOVED getting on a nice fresh blanket fresh from the dryer, kneading a good spot and curling up for a nice nap on it- she was tiny and skinny but she was enjoying her life, no questions-
    Last night she seemed a little weaker and didn't eat as much as usual so I gave her some tuna, which she loves, and she graciouisly gobbled up some- then I got her nice and comfy on her favorite blanket and she purred and nuzzled til she fell asleep- and that's where I found her this morning, cold and dead. She died quietly and relaxed in her sleep. When she wasn't on station at the coffee machine I knew.....

Rest happily at the Bridge my sweet little Mooks- know that we truly loved you and appreciated your love for us- send us purrs til we meet again, my sweet little black kitten- we'll never forget you-
    bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Aww, our condolences, Bowlcat. I am sure she will live forever in your heart, but alas, we do have to say goodbye to our furry friends when the time comes.

You can tell your Mookie's spirit that her name is being carried on by a mischievous orange tabby boy in West Townshend Vermont. Born on our farm, he went to our friend Ingrid who desperately needed a good mouser. Well, she also needed laughter and apparently orange fur in her life, and regularly regales me with what her Mookie is up to now!
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Bowlkat and all your family, human and feline and all,

I'm so very sorry that you lost your precious, loving, beloved Mookie. What a long, wonderful life she and you all shared, right from her earliest kittenhood! My deepest sympathy to you and your family and all who love her and grieve her and miss her. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

Mookie is at the Rainbow Bridge now, a glorious Angel, whole and healthy again and full of energy and delight. She is watching over you, sending down love, and reassuring you that you will all be together again, One Fine Day...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Tinker
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery