Thread: Larry passed away

Larry passed away

My Brother-In-Law Larry Bowen passed away on Tuesday morning in Peterborough,Ontario due to Cancer,he was 74.We were able to see him the day before,my Nephew Jason took us to see him.He looked pretty good despite the Cancer he had
    He couldn't really speak,he was asked about the hospital food,he mouthed not worth a bleep.his old high school buddy Wolf was there and told him stories,held his hand,his cousin Howard Bowen,grandson Brandyn,Granddaughter Samantha,Brandyn's girlfriend Tori,Shannon and her live in Jamie and Brother Frank.Jason and his wife Barb were there the day before their two Lauren and Ryan,Larry was able to talk at that time and told jokes.It got emotional at times,a little crying went on.Mom talked to him as well and held his hand.it came time to say goodbye,I told him to have a good resat and said you di a lot to help me out,had a cry after that,Shannon patted me on the back,not the only time that day.Larry was the only that got me a job,he was the one who helped me get disability support for Autism,he somehow knew that' is what i had and the Psychologist confirmed it.I mentioned it to him several i appreciated all he done for me.The service is on Monday wiht visitation from 11-1 and the service after that then to the cemetery for internment and back to Trinity for lunch.the obituary is on www.northcuttelliott.com and there is a youtube link under Larry's obituary to anyone to watch.17 months ago buried my sister and now Larry.Going to be another tough one to get through.Not sure if I'm a pallbearer again,haven't heard yet.
    Last edited by fritz03; 11-20-2023 at 07:23 AM.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

I am so sorry for your loss, Barry. I'm glad he was able to help you get your disability support. Will be praying,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Deepest Condolences

Oh Barry, I'm so very sorry to hear of dear Larry's passing. What a very special man he was indeed, not only a beloved member of the family, but for you, a loyal friend and mentor, a source of encouragement and support over the many years. And I have no doubt that Larry took great comfort having you, along with so many other family members there by his side during his final hours: holding his hand, sharing special memories and even a laugh or two, you letting him know what a positive force he has been in in your life. I'm sure that was very hard for you, Barry, but such a loving gesture. Stay strong, my friend, leaning on friends and family for support during this very difficult time.Thank you for the links, Barry, and please pass along my deepest sympathies to your Mom and the entire family.Love,Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Barry, I'm so sorry to read of the passing of your dear brother-in-law Larry Bowen. What a very good, kind, thoughtful, treasured relation and friend of so many he was! He did so many good things for so many special people over the years. How wonderful that so many of those very special people were around him during his final hours, sharing memories and stories and smiles and tears and tenderness and love with him.

Thank you for sharing his story and those links with us, Barry. My deepest sympathy to you and your Mom and all Larry's family and friends who love him and grieve him and will miss him so much. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

Love, Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

5. so sorry for your loss

glad you were there for each other and that you were able to say goodbye
    wish there was something i could say to help you feel better but i know there isnt.