Thread: R.I.P. CeCe- the sweetest foundling waif

R.I.P. CeCe- the sweetest foundling waif

In December 2010, shortly after we moved into our current house, on the coldest bitterest day of the year so far, my wife looked out the front window and said, "There's a cat on the porch, yelling at the door." That cat turned out to be CeCe, a small tabby mix with a lot of white fur, spayed female, a couple years old, no chip or collar- but she was cold and hungry and wanted love and attention and warmth and food and she wanted them NOW, thank you. She walked right in, of course, once we opened the door, and we gave her food and warmth and cuddled her- and she stayed. No answer to any inquiries about who she might've belonged to, we can only assume she was dumped or abandoned on a very cold day- she was perfectly healthy and a TOTAL sweetheart.
    She had grey tabby markings on her body and face and shoulders but a lot of white as well, soft beautiful fur, and a little half-moustache marking right over her upper lip that was really cute- and she was NOTHING but joy and love to all of us. She just loved people, especially us, and was totally grateful for attention and pets and cuddles and everything she got- and she repaid it all at least double by being such great company.

CeCe became largely MY cat- she wanted me to pick her up so she could hug me with paws around my neck, she wanted to be in my lap when I was on the computer, she wanted attention when I walked by the kitchen island where she liked to hang out- she never caused any problems with the other cats or the dogs, she was nothing but joy and love. She couldn't have been sweeter. I called her my 'foundling waif' because she'd shown up alone and desperate on a frigid cold day needing shelter and food, and she was completely grateful for everything she got- and she gave back all the love she got.

A year ago, her annual showed kidney values climbing, as often happens in older cats- the vet recommended some sub-cu fluids if possible but she wasn't ready for that just yet, so we adjusted diet and hoped. For a long time she was fine- then she started to decline a bit. She got some meds and we tried the fluids again, and lo and behold, NOW she was ready and she was a model patient. stretching out on my legs and getting chin scratches while she got her warmed fluids, every other day at first, later daily. She was no problem at all, and perked up a lot when she got the fluids- she knew it helped her. But things kept declining- she was getting a little dehydrated and not eating as much- we gave more fluids and kidney treatments and special food but the decline continued. Recently she absolutely refused to eat, which was VERY rare for her- we got an appetite stimulant and some potassium supplement for her muscles (she'd started missing jumps to the island or cat trees)- those things helped but not enough- she still didn't eat, so we gave her some dilute food and some broths via syringe (which she really didn't like), and went to twice a day fluids- but it wasn't enough. One day she had a bad seizure- lasted a while and was pretty bad- and we resigned ourselves that it might be time- but when the vet came in the room, she asked if we were sure and CeCe immediately climbed up my chest to put her paws around my neck and hug me- the vet said, "Okay. NO, not yet- she wants to stay a while longer with you"- we upped the meds and supplements, and we had a wonderful long weekend with her- she was pretty much her old self, interacting and hugging and purring and curling up in laps and being sweet- but she still didn't eat and the syringe wasn't doing it for her- on Monday, she had three small seizures in a 7-8 hour period and we knew it was time. She slept with us, curled up between us in bed in case another seizure happened, but she was fine overnight- but by morning she was mostly unresponsive and we took her in.

Even when fully prepared, saying goodbye to a good friend is tough- and when that friend has been 13 years of nothing but love and joy, it's even worse. At the vets she still made eye contact with me and used her paws to sort of 'biscuit' on my arm as I held her- she passed from this life peacefully and quietly. She'll never be forgotten- and I pray we see each other again at Rainbow Bridge.

Play hard at the Bridge my beautiful little foundling waif- we REALLY miss you- send purrs and I pray we see you again one day- you were a complete joy to be with your whole life with us- THANK YOU little CeCe-

bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Awww, our condolences. Rest in purradise, Ce-Ce.
    I've Been Frosted

Dear bowlkat, I am so sorry to learn that you have lost your precious, loving, beloved CeCe. What a wonderful story you tell, of CeCe showing up one day at your home and letting you know in no uncertain terms that you have been chosen! I am so very glad to learn that you right away accepted that decision, welcomed her into your home and family.

CeCe and you have my deepest gratitude, CeCe for recognizing her Purrrmanent Home right away, and you and your family, including the other feline and canine members, for welcoming her right into it! From that day forward her life was full of love and joy and contentment, which she shared with you and all she met.

And what a wonderful time together you and she and all your family shared, for thirteen years! She became YOUR cat, wanting you to pick her up so she could hug you with her paws around your neck. She loved spending time in your lap when you were on the computer. She wanted attention when you walked by her in the kitchen. She loved people, and she loved attention and pets and cuddles, returning them all at least double by being such great company, so full of love.

As time went on, she started having kidney problems. She got the best treatment, and she fought the good fight valiantly. When that was no longer enough, she started having seizures, and you thought it might be time, but your good, caring vet saw she wanted to stay a while longer. You had a wonderful long weekend with her. She was pretty much her old self, interacting and hugging and purring and curling up in laps and being sweet. Then she had more seizures. She slept between Mom and Dad on the bed and was fine overnight but then mostly unresponsive the next morning, and you took her in. She still made eye contact with you and used her paws to make little biscuits on your arm as you held her. She passed away quietly and peacefully with the people she loved most around her, holding her and talking to her and petting her and sharing love right to the end.

My very deepest sympathy to you, bowlkat, and all your family and friends and all who love her and grieve her and miss her so very much. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

CeCe was and is and always will be your dearest little 'foundling waif,' always there with you and part of you. That little waif is now a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, whole and healthy again, playing and relaxing with so many other precious animal Angels. She is watching over you, sending down so much love, and reassuring you that you will all be together again, One Fine Day...

Rest in peace, dearest little CeCe Angel. Your Dad and Mom miss you so very much! Please send some Angelic purrrs to their hearts to reassure them you are with them always!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Tinker and all our Angels
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Precious Fur Angel CeCe

To the parents of dear CeCeI'm so very sorry to hear of the passing of dear CeCe. My eyes filled with tears, reading your moving, heartfelt tribute to your precious girl, testament to just how loved she was, and how much she loved you both. And there's no doubt in my mind it was fate that she would find her way to you that frigidly cold December day so many years ago. More than a pet, a 4 legged friend, she was a cherished furry family member, a source of endless joy and comfort, laughter and love; your Cat of a Lifetime. I hope your cherished memories, those countless happy times you and she shared helps to fill that empty place in your heart, bringing you some small measure of comfort until that joyful day of reunion. Until then, having earned her angel wings, she now waits patiently for you at the Rainbow Bridge, scampering about healthy and whole with all of our beloved fur angels. I truly believe that. CeCe, sweet baby girl, how blessed your Daddy was to have known your love and companionship, your unwavering devotion those many years. You truly were one extra special girl, CeCe, gone for now but never to be forgotten. So, until that happy day when you and your Daddy and Mommy are together again, send down your love to them; they miss you so very much.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I’m sending my heartfelt sympathy to you, bowlcat. I can feel your pain and know how hard it is to have lost CeCe. I have been there myself.

Your story of her life and how you became her “mom” is so heartwarming, I know you had a wonderful time together. You went the extra mile to spoil her rotten. Treasure the good memories and keep her in your heart. CeCe is now at the RB, free of pain and together with my Fister and so many other sweeties.

Hugs from
    Randi

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Rest in Peace CeCe