Thread: Funny Skittles

Funny Skittles

I love your description of him as a jerk, loved by all anyway. I think most cat people can relate! He’s very cute, and I hope he causes (minor) trouble for years to come!

Smart, special Skittles!

Skittles is special in so many ways. He's often the butt of the joke in our family because he's an extremely quirky cat.

He was in the shelter for a while before we got him. My mom said it was likely he'd have been there forever if we hadn't got him, since he didn't seem affectionate at first.

He connected to me immediately and has a habit of yowling and crying loudly outside of doors when he wants to be pet. He's very whiny and cries all the time for everything, and he's spoiled so he usually gets it.

Skittles befriended our outside cat Salem, and chases him around frequently for "fun". Sometimes when he's bullying our other cats too much we pick him up like a baby and carry him around like that, which he likes because he's a brat.

Skittles is highly intelligent, and he's learned to use the toilet and now he prefers that to the litter box.

He's also a bit of a thief, and has learned to get up on counters and open cabinets to get to the treats and catnip. He is a jerk but my whole family loves him anyways.
    Hello, Skilttles in Michigan! Happy Cat of the Day! (I am waiting for my friend phesina - who's also a Michigander - and her kitties to post!)

What a handsome light-orange and white gentleman you are! I like your sweet face and your short fur, which looks so soft to pat!

You are a very vocal kitty, too - letting your person know when it is time to receive petting or if there is something else you want. You have learned to get up on the counters and open cupboards to get to the treats or catnip! You also learned to use the toilet, which you prefer over your litter pan. You are highly intelligent! You have a bit of a temper, sometimes bullying the other cats (could that be because you were in the shelter so long?) Now you are loved by your whole family, because you are handsome, vocal and smart and because you are special!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to Skittles!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Skittles, you are a funny fellow indeed. And you're gorgeous, too! Thank you for sharing those great photos with us. You are adorable in them all. What a beautiful arrangement of orange Tabby with white fur you have! It is so pretty and looks so soft, and you have the sweetest face with those lovely big eyes, too. That face close-up shot is stunning! My beautiful orange-Tabby-with-white-fur girl Sparkler says "Hello, Meow!" I wish I could reach through the screen and over to ..wherever you are here in Michigan (maybe across the street from us here in Ann Arbor? maybe in Copper Harbor at the very tip of the Upper Peninsula? or wherever in between!) and pet you, and pet your kitty housemates and outside kitty pal Salem, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you all for me .

And what a story you have to tell! You'd been in a shelter for quite a while because you didn't seem very affectionate. Then, you and your dear Purrrsons-to-be met there, and you all adopted each other! You immediately connected with your dear young friend. You have quite the outgoing Purrrsonality! As your friend says, you're "an extremely quirky cat." You yowl and cry loudly when you want to be petted. You speak up and whine when you want something, and you're so spoiled you usually get it. You and Salem have become friends, and you chase him around for fun. If you bully your kitty housemates, your Purrrsons pick you up and carry you around like a baby, which you love. You're very smart, too! You've taught yourself to use the toilet, which you prefer to the litter box. You're also good at opening cabinets to get to the treats and catnip. You and your Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Skittles, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 03-18-2023 at 01:11 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congrats on being Cat of the Day, Funny Skittles!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana