Thread: Magnificent Marvelous Myrtle-Lucille!

Magnificent Marvelous Myrtle-Lucille!

Dearest Myrtle-Lucille, you are magnificent and marvelous indeed! What a stunningly beautiful fluffy Tortoiseshell lady you are! You're absolutely gorgeous in those great photos, and thank you for sharing them with us. You look so comfortable and content in them all, so perfectly happy at home there, relaxing on the bed and in the bushes, and then having a nice snooze on your side by that bright orange chair arm which brings out your orange coloring so well! Are you looking for a tummy-tickle in that shot? I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Baton Rouge to pet you and your dear kitty housemates and to give you each a gentle tummy tickle (only if being tummy-tickled, is desired, of course). I can't, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you all and give any tummy-tickles as desired .

And what a nice story you have to tell! You were born and raised in New Orleans, but you and your family have since moved to Baton Rouge. You are the Elder Stateskitty in your household of three cats. You keep your younger housemates in line with a stern paw, and you do not tolerate raucous behavior. As the true Southern Belle that you are, you greet every guest to your home Purrrsonally, and then you stay until you're sure everyone has had time for a visit with you. You make sure your humans are able to provide a lap for you to use for the afternoon or even the entire evening. You and your family and entire neighborhood of friends all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Myrtle-Lucille, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and kitty housemates and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Myrtle

She is a beautiful lady! I hope she lives a long time!

Myrtle-Lucille (Myrtle for short) was born in and raised in her early years in New Orleans, now residing in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

As the elder stateswoman in our house of three cats, she wields a stern paw with her younger house mates and does not appreciate raucous behavior, nor does she tolerate it. True to her Southern upbringing, she insists on greeting each guest at our home, personally, and will not leave the gathering until she is certain that everyone has had enough time to visit with her. She regularly loses patience with her humans when they fail to see the urgency in her need for a human lap to seize for the afternoon or (entire) evening. She is the love of all of our neighbors and loves her fans equally in return. She's a true Southern Belle.
    Hello, magnificent Myrtle-Lucille in Louisiana! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous lady you are! I like your golden-orange coloring and your fluffy fur! I would be honored to make a lap for you for an entire afternoon or evening - please count me as one of your many fans!

I smiled when I read about how you greet guests and ensure that everyone has ample time to visit with you! Because you are the elder states-kitty, you are stern with your kitty house-mates and ensure that raucous behavior is brought to a quick end. You ensure that everything is peaceful and comfortable! Best of all, you are the love of your family and all your neighbors -- purrrrr-fect!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Myrtle-Lucille!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678