Thread: Sensational Smokey!

Sensational Smokey!

Dearest Smokey, what a gorgeous grey guy you are, such a handsome smoky fellow! That fluffy grey fur is so pretty and looks so soft, and you have the sweetest face with that slightly-darker grey nose and those lovely big pale-green eyes. Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us! They show off your beauty so well, and how nice to see you and your beloved Mom together! We can really see how much you love each other. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Omaha, Nebraska to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Mom and family members will pet you for me .

And what a delightful story you have to tell! Your dear Mom adopted you from a shelter after you'd been returned by previous adopters. She doesn't know where you were before coming to the shelter, but she's so glad you made it there! You and she bonded quickly, and now you love to sleep beside her each night, stretching out alongside her so it's hard for her to move or roll over! She loves having you there and stroking your silky fur. You're still shy with visitors and take your time checking them out, but that's okay with your family. You and Mom love each other, and that's what counts! You talk to each other and play tag, and sometimes you even play fetch. You keep your home safe from mice, fleas, mosquitos, and other pests, and you love your "treaties." You are living your best life in Omaha, and Mom sends her best wishes to all your friends! You love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Smokey, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Mom and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and "treaties."

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sweet, Special Smokey!

This is Smokey. We think he is about five years of age. Mom adopted him from a shelter after he had been returned by previous adopters. We don't know where he was prior to being found and brought to the shelter the first time, but we're happy he made it there!

Smokey quickly bonded with Mom upon adoption and loves to sleep right beside her at night. He stretches out alongside her body, often making it difficult for her to move or roll over. But she loves his warm company and stroking his silky fur.

Smokey is still very frightened of visitors and takes his time to assess them, but we don't care. He loves his Mom and that's what matters. They talk to each other, play tag, and Smokey will play fetch when the mood strikes.

He guards the house against mice, flies, mosquitoes, and other invading creatures, and loves being rewarded with his "treaties." He is happily living his best life in Omaha, Nebraska, but does not invite you to come say hello. However, his Mom sends Best Wishes to all.
    Hello, Smokey and your Mom! Happy Cat of the Day, beautiful boy!

What a gorgeous gentleman you are, Smokey! I like your plush blue-grey fur, your green eyes and especially the affectionate way you are looking down from the refrigerator at your Mom!

I smiled as I read your story! You were adopted by your now-Mom after being returned to the shelter (so unfortunate). Your people are happy you made it! You are your Mom's best boy, but you are not a fan of visitors and we're not invited to come say hello. That's okay, I will say a great big hello virtually because I know that will not frighten you !

You are a busy kitty, too! You have conversations with your Mom, and I imagine you talk about all kinds of things! You play tag, and even play fetch when you feel like it! You keep watch for bugs, mice (eek!), and other creatures that might invade. You like to enjoy your treats! Then when it is time for bed, you sleep right with you Mom, providing your special company and an opportunity for her to give you as much petting as you need! Sometimes it is hard for her to move in the bed, though I'm sure you and she will figure it out. Best of allu are a greatly-loved kitty! PURRRRR-fect!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear sweet Smokey!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hi! Handsome Smokey! What a gorgeous blue/grey kitty you are.

Congrats on being today's cat of the day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Gorgeous Smokey

I love reading about his relationship with your mother and seeing the photos of them. What a wonderful match they make!

Congrats to Smokey!

I loved your story about your mom and her sweet boy, Smokey and the pictures of the two of them made me smile. Reminded me of my mom and her kitty Coco that she rescued after he was left behind when his family moved without him. My mom and Coco loved to take naps together and she enjoyed his company for a year before she passed and then Coco moved to San Jose, CA with me. Coco hides from company too!
    Susan
    =^..^=

Blog Entries
    You’re eight? Really, what a beautiful ginger cat!