Dearest Smokey, what a gorgeous grey guy you are, such a handsome smoky fellow! That fluffy grey fur is so pretty and looks so soft, and you have the sweetest face with that slightly-darker grey nose and those lovely big pale-green eyes. Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us! They show off your beauty so well, and how nice to see you and your beloved Mom together! We can really see how much you love each other. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Omaha, Nebraska to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Mom and family members will pet you for me .

And what a delightful story you have to tell! Your dear Mom adopted you from a shelter after you'd been returned by previous adopters. She doesn't know where you were before coming to the shelter, but she's so glad you made it there! You and she bonded quickly, and now you love to sleep beside her each night, stretching out alongside her so it's hard for her to move or roll over! She loves having you there and stroking your silky fur. You're still shy with visitors and take your time checking them out, but that's okay with your family. You and Mom love each other, and that's what counts! You talk to each other and play tag, and sometimes you even play fetch. You keep your home safe from mice, fleas, mosquitos, and other pests, and you love your "treaties." You are living your best life in Omaha, and Mom sends her best wishes to all your friends! You love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Smokey, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Mom and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and "treaties."