Dearest Velvet, what an adorable young man you are! You're absolutely stunning, with that fluffy fur that looks so soft and that sweet face with the cute pink nose and those lovely big pale-green eyes. Thank you for sharing that great photo with us. You look so comfortable lying there in the grass and gazing up at me! And I love your pink and black paw pads. I wish I could reach through the screen and across the ocean to Solms, Germany to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your dear friend Lea will pet you for me .

And what a delightful personality you have! You're just one and a half years old, and you love to play with balls, feathers, and Lea's schoolbag and hairbrushes. You like to go outside and look at exciting things and hunt birds and mice. You bring the ones you catch home, which Lea and her family wish you wouldn't do. Aside from that, you're a lovely cat! Lea got you from a shelter. Great thanks to her for choosing a rescue kitty! And great thanks to the shelter people who rescued you and brought you and Lea together so you could go home with her! You were small and sickly and very shy at first, but now you are "a happy, healthy and great, confident and friendly cat." You and Lea love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Velvet, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Lea and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.