Thread: Beloved Emma!

Beloved Emma!

Hi Emma! A very happy Cat of the Day to you, sweetheart, and early wishes for a very happy 18th birthday!

It's always a special day on COTD when a beautiful, most precious senior kittyzen is our featured honoree, and how very deserving you are, Emma! Oh, if only every kitty were as loved and cherished as you, sweetheart.

How blessed your Mommy was, that fateful day when she chose rescue, opening up her heart and home to you, and your fur sis, blessed to this day, having known your love and companionship, your unwavering devotion the past 18 years! And with the help of those 3 x weekly sub q fluid replacements, hopefully many more years yet to come for you and your Mom!

Emma is almost 18 years old - her birthday is approaching soon. Emma was adopted along with her sister from a shelter. She loves to sit up on my chest and talk to me, asking for a treat. She loves to roll around on her catnip mat. She loves to greet people when they come to the house. She has become very close to me in her older age.

Every kitty we welcome into our homes is special in our eyes. Then there is that one that holds an EXTRA special place in our hearts. After reading your dear Mom's love filled tribute to her beautiful girl there's no doubt you are that EXTRA special one, Emma, your Mommy's heart kitty, her Cat of a Lifetime.

Endless thanks to your Mom for sharing you with us today, giving us the great honor of paying tribute to one beautiful, one deserving girl. What a treasure you are Emma, beautiful in body and soul, simply the best furry friend a human could ever hope for!

I hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day celebration, sweetheart...playing in a big pile of catnip and chatting with your family; savoring some yummy treats; curling up on your Mommy's chest for some cuddles; being spoiled to the max and loved to bits by your family and all of your adoring guests, friends and fans! Lots of love, snuggles and kisses to you, beautiful Emma, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, Cat of a Lifetime!!!

Beautiful Emma!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dearest Emma, you are absolutely stunning! What a beautiful lady you are! Your brown-black Tabby and white fur is so pretty and looks so very soft, and what a sweet face you have with that darling pink nose and lovely big pale-green eyes. You look so comfortable and serene in that great photo, held closely to your dear Purrrson's chest. Thank you for sharing it with us! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Aurora, IL and pet you, and pet your dear sister, too. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you both for me .

And what a terrific story you have to tell! Your Purrrson adopted you and your sister from a shelter when you were just kittens, and we thank them for adopting a rescue pet! You and your sister are excellent examples of the wonderful friends to be found in shelters. Your 18th birthday is coming soon, and you have all been together almost all those 18 years! You've become very close to your Purrrson as you've gotten older. You're very chatty, and you love sitting up on her/his chest to ask for treats. You also enjoy rolling around on your catnip mat and greeting visitors to your home. You put your paw on her/his face to get her attention. You mean so very much to her! Your Purrrsons are now giving you fluids three times a week to help your kidneys and keep you going as long as possible. You all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Emma, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. And we send loads of loving good wishes to you and your sister for a Happy 18th Birthday!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Emma is gorgeous!

You must be an incredible Mom (Dad?) for having Emma for so many years and looking as great as she does. Congratulations!

Way tp go Emma!

Thank you for sharing Emma's story and mentioning the use of sub-cutaneous fluids (lactated Ringers solution, usually) to help an older cat with renal failure-- it's a very easy procedure and if you warm the fluid so it isn't chill to the cat, we've kept cats in various stages of renal failure happy, healthy and playful for years without hospitalization and other trauma- they stretch out on my legs and I scratch their chins while infusing the fluids and they purr and sit quietly-- and it makes SUCH an amazing difference in their health, demeanor, coats, enjoyment of life-- everything--
    Wish more people knew how easy it is and how imcredibly effective-- when it's truly time for a beloved pet to cross the Bridge it can't be stopped but you and your pet can have YEARS of happy life this way before that's necessary--

Bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Emma is almost 18 years old - her birthday is approaching soon. Emma was adopted along with her sister from a shelter. She loves to sit up on my chest and talk to me, asking for a treat. She loves to roll around on her catnip mat. She loves to greet people when they come to the house. She has become very close to me in her older age.

We have had Emma since she was just a kitten. She is chatty when I am on the phone trying to talk to someone or wants a treat. And loves to put her paw on my face to get my attention. Right now in her later years we have needed to give her IV fluid every three days to help her kidneys and help her live as long as possible. She means so much to me.
    Hello, Emma and your mom in Aurora, IL! (I'm in LaGrange) Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous lady you are! I like your sweet face, and your white and tabby fur!

I smiled when I read about all the things you like to do... such as greeting people when they come to your house, rolling on your catnip mat, or being a chatty kitty! You put your paw on your person's face to get attention, or ask for a treat when it is time!

You get some fluids every three days to help your kidneys. That is something I hope will continue to help you for a long time. You are very special! Happy, happy Cat of the Day to Emma!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by bowlkat View Post
    Thank you for sharing Emma's story and mentioning the use of sub-cutaneous fluids (lactated Ringers solution, usually) to help an older cat with renal failure-- it's a very easy procedure and if you warm the fluid so it isn't chill to the cat, we've kept cats in various stages of renal failure happy, healthy and playful for years without hospitalization and other trauma- they stretch out on my legs and I scratch their chins while infusing the fluids and they purr and sit quietly-- and it makes SUCH an amazing difference in their health, demeanor, coats, enjoyment of life-- everything--
    Wish more people knew how easy it is and how imcredibly effective-- when it's truly time for a beloved pet to cross the Bridge it can't be stopped but you and your pet can have YEARS of happy life this way before that's necessary--

Bowlkat
    Over the years, I've given subcutaneous fluids to many cats who've shared their lives with me, and that has made an outstanding difference in both the length and the quality of their lives!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery