Thread: Holly - r.i.p.

Holly - r.i.p.

My NJ rommate lost Holly, the fourth tortie kitten from Sophie the feral momma cat, yesterday. She had dropped some weight and wasn't feeling well-- turned out there was a mass growing in her abdomen, and fluid was building up in her abdomen- plus there seemed to be some biliary obstruction as well, and she was anemic- she was 14 or so, so Pat (former roommate) couldn't see putting her through invasive diagnostics and procedures that probably wouldn't have helped- they gave her some fluids and oxygen to make her more comfortable for a while to say goodbye, then let her go.

We lost her sister Marcy 2 years ago, similar circumstances- a mass (probable lymphoma) over her heart- we still have sisters Tiggi and Chloe here-

Holly was never caught as a kitten, Sophie raised her to adulthood outside- then when Holly had four kittens of her own, she knew what to do- she brought herself and all 4 kits to my roommate, who took all 5 in and gave them a wonderful home-
    Like our sisters, Holly became a totally sweet, affectionate, happy housecat, with laps to sit on and pets to get and lots of good food- she was a sweetheart- we're all going to miss her--

Please send purrs from RB, Holly-- run free and healthy there til we meet again-

bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Aww, our condolences. Sending purry thoughts.
    I've Been Frosted

RIP dear Holly

Dear bowlkat, I am so sorry. Thanks for your loving post about sweet Holly.

What a wonderful story you have to tell, dearest Holly! You were born outdoors to dear feral mom cat Sophie, who raised you to adulthood outside. Then you had your own four dear kittens, and you knew just what to do! You and the kits were all taken in by bowlkat's good friend Pat, who has given you all the wonderful home you deserve. You and your sisters all became totally sweet, affectionate, happy housecats, with laps to sit on and pets to get and lots of good food! Lately you developed severe medical issues. Your human friends kept you comfortable until you were ready to say goodbye.

Now you are a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, whole and healthy again, along with your dear Angel sister Marcy who left for the Bridge two years ago. You and she are watching over your dear kitty sisters Tiggi and Chloe (still with your family on earth) and mom Sophie and friends Pat and bowlkat and family. Please send some Angelic purrrs to their hearts to remind them that you will all be together again, One Fine Day...

Deepest sympathy to you, bowlkat and Pat and Sophie and Tiggi and Chloe and all your family and friends for the loss of sweet little Holly, so loving and so beloved. Love is eternal, and you are together always.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and
    from Pat and Sparkler and Tinker
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

RIP dear Holly. Watch over your family while you are in Heaven. You all will meet again over the Rainbow Bridge.