Thread: Precious Rudy!

Precious Rudy!

Yay, our Precious Rudy, is POTD! Rudy certainly deserves this honor, especially after all he has been through in his life. His adopted cavy/gp brothers, Herbie the Lovebug ( http://petoftheday.com/archive/2021/August/09.html ) and Sweet Buddy ( http://petoftheday.com/archive/2021/November/01.html ) are so proud of him and so are we!

- Rudy, Herbie & Buddy's CavyMom & CavyDad

P.S. Please Opt to Adopt seniors like Rudy! All Pets Deserve Loving, Fur-ever Homes, no matter what size, species or age!

Our Adopted Cavies/GPs (Past and Present) Fun Photo Web Site: www.guineapigsrfun.net
    Last edited by CavyMom; 05-31-2022 at 10:11 PM.

Precious Rudy!

YAY!!! Pet Talk's very own Rudy is POTD!!! Your Mom must be so proud!

Having trouble posting my already written, poohlengthy reply so keep an eye out, sweetheart!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Our Very Own Rudy!!!

Good morning, Rudy! Happy Cavy Pet of the Day to you, sweetheart, from all in this wheeker loving home!

Oh my!!! What a beautiful, adorable, pawsitively precious, oh so photogenic, tri-color piggy you are, Rudy! The photos your Mom has included with her tribute are beyond heart-melting! What I wouldn't give to stroke you soft, plush fur, plant a zillion kisses on that sweet face! Thank you for posing so patiently for the camera, Rudy, so all the world might see just how precious you are!

Having been Mom to several rescued wheekers over the years myself, I was so touched, reading your heartwarming rags to riches, happy homecoming tale! Cavies are among the sweetest, most gentle of creatures, and you are living proof of that, Rudy!

I'm so sorry you had such a sad life before finding your furever family. What nonsense, your family's excuse for surrendering you: "doesn't get along with the dog and cat." Thankfully you're now, finally, living the happy, love filled, carefree life you always deserved, every piggy's dream life, including but not limited to deluxe accommodations, a healthy diet (Oxbow and Vit. C!), piggy pals to bond with (from a distance, hehe), and best of all, all the love your heart can hold! And wow, how quickly you settled into your new life! Your transformation from that horribly neglected, frightened and fearful boy your pawrents first encountered, to the content and confident, happy and healthy pig we meet here today (packing on an amazing near 1lb!) is testament to the healing power of proper care and unconditional love! If only every Cavy were so lucky!

Endless thanks to your Mom and Dad for welcoming you into their home and hearts, loving you unconditionally! How well their compassion has been rewarded, having a fur baby, a full fledged member of the herd as beautiful, as sweet and loving, as special as you, Rudy! The joy you bring to your humans' lives truly is a priceless gift! You, sweetheart, are the poster boy for piggy adoption, a treasure, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

Thanks for starting my day off with a BIG smile, Rudy! Reading your Mom's love filled tribute, seeing your heart-melting photo spread has been such a treat! I hope you're enjoying a very special Pet of the Day celebration, cutie pie...napping in your hidey-hut; munching all of those yummy veggies...green pepper, celery leaves, all of your many faves, hehe; treated to extra lap time, receiving tons of chin and cheek skritches, cuddles and kisses; being spoiled to the max and loved to pieces! Much love, gentle snuggles and wee smooches to you, beautiful, sweet Rudy, our very special and most deserving Pet of the Day, EVERY day!!! Love to your dear piggy brothers Herbie the Love Bug, and senior Buddy too!!!

Heart-melting!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Rudy Cutie!

Hello, Rudy cutie! Happy Cavy Pet of the Day!

Did you ever come to the best possible home for a guy who needed love and care! Your paw-rents are the ambassadors and educators for all things Cavy on Pet Talk! You have gained some ounces in weight, which is good, and your mom says that your fur has started to look and feel as it should. You are eating healthy Ox Bow food and yummy vegetables like green pepper, carrots, cucumber, kale or celery leaves. You pose for the camera until you decide you're done , and you live in the living room with companionship from your paw-rents, Buddy, and Herbie! You have a soft bed to rest on, and endless amounts of loving care! As it should be!

Happy, happy Cavy Pet of the Day to dear Rudy! I am sending you, Buddy, and Herbie some extra gentle pats for your special day! Hurray!

P.S. (4:30 PM): I just noticed that you have two different colored ears! So cute!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 06-01-2022 at 04:38 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Rudy

Name:  31e.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  223.3 KB

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day
    Although you are not a pet, along with your brothers, you are family.
    After all of your hard life, you now live what most cavies can only dream of.
    Your Mommy and Daddy are the best and will always take good care of you.
    Celebrate your very special day and many more

Dearest Rudy, you are precious indeed, so very much so! What a beautiful Senior Cavy/Guinea Pig you are! And what a story you have to tell. Your earlier life was a sad one full of neglect and fear, and your previous sub-humans dumped you at the Humane Society because you "couldn't get along with the family's dogs and cats." And then fortune smiled on you: Your Humane Society photo was spotted by Pet Talk's very own CavyMom, and by pure luck her boss let the employees out early that day so she was able to get there in time to adopt you right away!

You were very fearful for quite a while, understandably, but your new Mom and Dad showered you with good food and your safe, comfortable house and, most importantly, loads of affection and patience and time and love. You were so frightened at first. You trembled when Mom picked you up after 48 hours, but that was the last time you trembled. Now you are living the wonderful life you deserve, and you always deserved! Your fearful personality has been replaced with confidence and trust. You get healthful, delicious food, and you run up onto your people's hands for treats and affection. You have two dear adopted piggie brothers: Herbie the Lovebug and senior Buddy, and your parents interact with you all day and night. They say you all "bring so much JOY into our home every day!" You all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Rudy, on being chosen Pet of the Day! We hope you and your dear Herbie and Buddy and Mom and Dad and all your favorite games and treats and perhaps a special serving of green pepper, cucumber, and celery leaves!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you so much, tatsxxx11, for your wonderful and loving words about our Rudy - and his pawrents! : ) We appreciate all your kind comments! You share the same love, respect and appreciation for these precious little cuties that we do: "Cavies are among the sweetest, most gentle of creatures, and you are living proof of that, Rudy!" We 100% agree!

Rudy is having a great week as we celebrate his special honor with his precious adopted brothers, Herbie the Lovebug and Sweet Buddy! : )

You are absolutely correct: "The joy you bring to your humans' lives truly is a priceless gift!"

We wish everyone understood what endearing angels-on-Earth these precious cavies are!

Thanks again,
    Rudy's Proud CavyMom and CavyDad
    www.guineapigsrfun.net

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    Good morning, Rudy! Happy Cavy Pet of the Day to you, sweetheart, from all in this wheeker loving home!

Oh my!!! What a beautiful, adorable, pawsitively precious, oh so photogenic, tri-color piggy you are, Rudy! The photos your Mom has included with her tribute are beyond heart-melting! What I wouldn't give to stroke you soft, plush fur, plant a zillion kisses on that sweet face! Thank you for posing so patiently for the camera, Rudy, so all the world might see just how precious you are!

Having been Mom to several rescued wheekers over the years myself, I was so touched, reading your heartwarming rags to riches, happy homecoming tale! Cavies are among the sweetest, most gentle of creatures, and you are living proof of that, Rudy!

I'm so sorry you had such a sad life before finding your furever family. What nonsense, your family's excuse for surrendering you: "doesn't get along with the dog and cat." Thankfully you're now, finally, living the happy, love filled, carefree life you always deserved, every piggy's dream life, including but not limited to deluxe accommodations, a healthy diet (Oxbow and Vit. C!), piggy pals to bond with (from a distance, hehe), and best of all, all the love your heart can hold! And wow, how quickly you settled into your new life! Your transformation from that horribly neglected, frightened and fearful boy your pawrents first encountered, to the content and confident, happy and healthy pig we meet here today (packing on an amazing near 1lb!) is testament to the healing power of proper care and unconditional love! If only every Cavy were so lucky!

Endless thanks to your Mom and Dad for welcoming you into their home and hearts, loving you unconditionally! How well their compassion has been rewarded, having a fur baby, a full fledged member of the herd as beautiful, as sweet and loving, as special as you, Rudy! The joy you bring to your humans' lives truly is a priceless gift! You, sweetheart, are the poster boy for piggy adoption, a treasure, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

Thanks for starting my day off with a BIG smile, Rudy! Reading your Mom's love filled tribute, seeing your heart-melting photo spread has been such a treat! I hope you're enjoying a very special Pet of the Day celebration, cutie pie...napping in your hidey-hut; munching all of those yummy veggies...green pepper, celery leaves, all of your many faves, hehe; treated to extra lap time, receiving tons of chin and cheek skritches, cuddles and kisses; being spoiled to the max and loved to pieces! Much love, gentle snuggles and wee smooches to you, beautiful, sweet Rudy, our very special and most deserving Pet of the Day, EVERY day!!! Love to your dear piggy brothers Herbie the Love Bug, and senior Buddy too!!!

Heart-melting!!!

Thank you, cassiesmom, for all your wonderful comments about our precious, endearing Rudy ~ and about us, his CavyMom and CavyDad! : ) We truly appreciate it! You are soooo right ~ Rudy (and all pets) should be treated with the BEST TLC every day and given the BEST food and a safe, clean, interactive environment. I wish all humans would realize how animals are God's GIFT to us and we should treasure and appreciate each one, big or small.

: ) Thanks again!
    Rudy's Proud CavyMom and CavyDad
    www.guineapigsrfun.net

P.S. Isn't it funny how all cavies are colored differently? Different colored ears or paws or faces - or tummies! More proof that each one is endlessly special and a Gift from God!

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Hello, Rudy cutie! Happy Cavy Pet of the Day!

Did you ever come to the best possible home for a guy who needed love and care! Your paw-rents are the ambassadors and educators for all things Cavy on Pet Talk! You have gained some ounces in weight, which is good, and your mom says that your fur has started to look and feel as it should. You are eating healthy Ox Bow food and yummy vegetables like green pepper, carrots, cucumber, kale or celery leaves. You pose for the camera until you decide you're done , and you live in the living room with companionship from your paw-rents, Buddy, and Herbie! You have a soft bed to rest on, and endless amounts of loving care! As it should be!

Happy, happy Cavy Pet of the Day to dear Rudy! I am sending you, Buddy, and Herbie some extra gentle pats for your special day! Hurray!

P.S. (4:30 PM): I just noticed that you have two different colored ears! So cute!

Thank you so much, Donna, for your sweet words about our precious Rudy and us, his Mommy and Daddy! : ) You are absolutely correct ~ Rudy and his brothers (past and present) TRULY ARE FAMILY, not "just pets".

We appreciate all your support and kindness as you are the Most Amazing Pet Mommy to ALL your precious adopted Family Members ~ doggies, birds, bunnies, cavies, gerbils, hamsters and mice! You are truly an inspiration to us and everyone who knows you!

and Thanks,
    Proud Rudy, Herbie & Buddy's CavyMom and CavyDad

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaDWM View Post
    Name:  31e.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  223.3 KB

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day
    Although you are not a pet, along with your brothers, you are family.
    After all of your hard life, you now live what most cavies can only dream of.
    Your Mommy and Daddy are the best and will always take good care of you.
    Celebrate your very special day and many more

Thank you so much, phesina, for your wonderful words about our precious Rudy and us, his CavyMom and CavyDad! : )

You understand and appreciate these little cavy sweethearts, too! The kindest people are pet people!

We wish every homeless pet could have a rags-to-riches story with a happy ending. All pets are God's gifts to us and deserve our unconditional love and respect.

It's a privilege to be CavyMom to Precious Rudy, Herbie the Lovebug, Sweet Buddy and all the adopted cavies we've had x 35+ years (gone but NEVER forgotten and ALWAYS loved and missed).

Thanks again for your warm, caring comments!
    Rudy, Herbie & Buddy's Proud CavyMom and CavyDad
    www.guineapigsrfun.net

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Dearest Rudy, you are precious indeed, so very much so! What a beautiful Senior Cavy/Guinea Pig you are! And what a story you have to tell. Your earlier life was a sad one full of neglect and fear, and your previous sub-humans dumped you at the Humane Society because you "couldn't get along with the family's dogs and cats." And then fortune smiled on you: Your Humane Society photo was spotted by Pet Talk's very own CavyMom, and by pure luck her boss let the employees out early that day so she was able to get there in time to adopt you right away!

You were very fearful for quite a while, understandably, but your new Mom and Dad showered you with good food and your safe, comfortable house and, most importantly, loads of affection and patience and time and love. You were so frightened at first. You trembled when Mom picked you up after 48 hours, but that was the last time you trembled. Now you are living the wonderful life you deserve, and you always deserved! Your fearful personality has been replaced with confidence and trust. You get healthful, delicious food, and you run up onto your people's hands for treats and affection. You have two dear adopted piggie brothers: Herbie the Lovebug and senior Buddy, and your parents interact with you all day and night. They say you all "bring so much JOY into our home every day!" You all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Rudy, on being chosen Pet of the Day! We hope you and your dear Herbie and Buddy and Mom and Dad and all your favorite games and treats and perhaps a special serving of green pepper, cucumber, and celery leaves!

Belated POTD Congratulations to Handsome Rudy!

Our apologies for this belated Congratulations, Rudy, on your May 31st POTD Honor! You are a very handsome fellow, and you exhibit a youthfulness in all your sweet photos We can see that you are having fun every day, and enjoying all of your favorite foods and treats, in your forever home with your loving Mom & Dad & Brothers!

Love,
    Blueshockey24 & Fam

Thank you, blueshockey24, for your kind words about our endearing Rudy! : ) He has come a long way from frightened and trembling to enjoying life every day! : ) You certainly know how it is when you adopt a cavy/gp who has been neglected and frightened. It's heartwarming to see them transform to enjoying life instead of being scared of life. We're glad you liked all of handsome Rudy's photos ~ you're right, he does exhibit a youthfulness! : ) We know your 3 cavy girls are having a GREAT life with their own loving fur-parents!

Endearing Rudy, Herbie the Lovebug & Sweet Buddy's Proud CavyMom and CavyDad

Quote Originally Posted by blueshockey24 View Post
    Our apologies for this belated Congratulations, Rudy, on your May 31st POTD Honor! You are a very handsome fellow, and you exhibit a youthfulness in all your sweet photos We can see that you are having fun every day, and enjoying all of your favorite foods and treats, in your forever home with your loving Mom & Dad & Brothers!

Love,
    Blueshockey24 & Fam