Thread: Happy Helen!

Happy Helen!

Woof, woof, Helen! Happy Labbie Dog of the Day to you from all in this Lab loving home, including my rescued Lab, Peach!

Nothing beats having a beautiful Lab as our featured honoree, and how very deserving you are, Helen...a.k.a...Pretty Girl, Big Girl, Sugar Puss, Sugar Plumb, and Sweetie (My family can well relate to those countless nicknames!) Well, as the saying goes, a rose (or any Lab) by any other name...

I worked for years as the adoptions coordinator for a Lab rescue group, have adopted two rescued Labs, so reading your heartwarming backstory, your family's love filled tribute, had me smiling from ear to ear! I can't imagine the reason why a family would surrender a girl as special as you; happens far too often. Thankfully you found your way to Labrador Retriever Rescue, Fresno, CA, and not long after into the arms of a furever family that would love and cherish you forever and always!

And oh, what a wonderful life it is, sharing with your family so many fun adventures...including camping and fishing, running along the shoreline, splashing in the water! I had quite the chuckle, reading how you attempted that "walking on water" thing, Helen, finally mastering the doggie paddle! hehe But as fun as all of those action packed activities are, being the true Lab that you are, we know what you love most of all is spending time with your family, wherever that might be!

We usually start packing the car to go home long before our departure so we don't have to rush. As soon as Helen saw we were packing the car, she got in the back seat and wouldn't get out. Our other pup was still sniffing around in the woods, but I couldn't get Helen out of the car! It was definitely a, "If you're going, I'm going too!", look on her face. Right then I knew that not only did I love her, but she loved me.
    How lucky your family is having been blessed with a furry family member as beautiful, as loyal and loving, as special as you, Pretty Girl! You truly are the poster girl for Lab rescue, living, loving proof of the immeasurable reward of adoption, simply the BEST!!!

Thanks for pawing off a note to us, Helen, and to your Mom for nominating you for Dog of the Day, giving us the honor of paying tribute to one VERY special girl! Reading your rescue story, being treated to all of those heart-melting photos, has made my morning! I hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, Helen...playing with your adorable, little fur sis and spending fun time with your family; napping in the shade on your porch; chowing down on some yummy treats; curling up on the couch with your humans, enjoying some TV time; receiving countless cuddles and kisses; being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, hugs and smooches to you, beautiful, sweet Helen, our very special and most deserving Dog of he Day, EVERY day!!! Love to your dear fur sis too!

Beautiful Helen!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dearest Helen, AKA Pretty Girl, Big Girl, Sugar Puss, Sugar Plumb, and Sweetie, AND Barbie! You are so beautiful and so special! You're absolutely stunning in those great photos, and thank you for sharing them with us. That sleek black coat (well, not quite so sleek after the dip in the lake) is gorgeous, and what a sweet face you have with those lovely big brown eyes! And how nice to see you with your dear little sister in the background in the first one!

And what a delightful personality you have! Your dear people adopted you from the Labrador Retriever Rescue in Fresno, CA. You'd been surrendered without any information as to why. You were fearful of many people and many things. Your dear people gave you the time and space and love you needed to regain your confidence in the world around you. Now you are living the best life with your perfect permanent family! And best of all, you went on a fishing trip with them and saw your first lake! It took a bit of time and tries to get used to it, but you learned to swim after finding you couldn't walk on the water. Now you prefer to run along the shore and just splash in the water. And afterwards you make sure your dear people don't leave without you! You and they and your little sister all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Helen, on being chosen Dog of the Day! We hope you and your dear sister and people and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Helen

Name:  large (2).jpg
Views: 85
Size:  14.1 KB

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day
    What a beautiful girl you are
    I can't understand why someone would have turned you in
    That was the best thing that could have happened to you
    Celebrate your special day and many more