Thread: Classy, Clever Clifton!

Classy, Clever Clifton!

Dearest Clifton, what a classy, clever guy you are indeed! That thick white fur is gorgeous and looks so soft, and what a sweet face you have with that cute pink nose and those lovely big golden eyes. Thank you for sharing that great photo with us! You're so cool on that shelf extending your white front paw out with those beautiful pink paw pads, as if you are blessing us! And I thank you for the blessing, Your Furriness! I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Ohio to pet you, and pet your dear little "special needs" cat friend Flakes, too. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you both for me .

And what an amazing story you have to tell! You and your dear Purrrson were clearly destined to be together. When you were a small kitten, you found her/him and trainer just in time! You all got Home together, and there you've been ever since, thirteen years later now. You have the most delightful Purrrsonality. You have a very busy schedule, since you are IN CHARGE. First and foremost, you get your Purrrson up in the morning. You turn the nightstand light on precisely at 4:00am. Your Purrrson tries to shut it off, but you just turn it on again. If she/he still doesn't get up, you change the vertical blinds to wake her/him! You don't like it when Daylight Saving Time ends and the human tries to set the clocks back. (My cats don't like that, either.) And then there was the night you put your dear Purrrson to bed! Yes, you're in charge, and your Purrrson no longer argues with you!!!

And the most special, blessed thing you are doing is, you're teaching precious "special needs" kitty Flakes how to be a cat again! He had had the most horrendous experiences with his previous sub-human "owner." You are teaching dear Flakes how to stand up and how to play and how to have fun and enjoy being a cat. You were a rescue kitty yourself, and now you are paying that forward by rescuing Flakes! My deepest gratitude and blessings to you and Flakes both for this wonderful, heartwarming, uplifting story, and to your Purrrson for welcoming you both into your Purrrfect Purrrmanent Home! You all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Clifton, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Flakes and Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 04-21-2022 at 09:17 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Cutie Clifton!!!

Hi Clifton! Happy Cat of the Day to you, beautiful boy!

What a gorgeous hunk of feline purrfection you are, Clifton, and oh yes, your "Clifton catitude" is on full display in your feature photo! A man in charge, no doubt about it!

How truly blessed your human was, that fateful day trainer Michael laid eyes upon on your well self, navigating that VERY busy road, rescuing you from an unspeakable fate! Just as your human says, you certainly knew exactly what you were doing, choosing her/him to be your furever human, settling comfortably into her/his lap, purring away, and never looking back! And in the process your Mom/Dad's dream of finding that special kitty to fill that empty place in her/his heart realized! Talk about a case of mutual rescue!

I thought it would surely be a LONG ride home, cats don't like cars much. Not Clifton. He curled up in my lap, and purred the entire way home. That all happened thirteen years ago. Cliff is now a gorgeous solid white guy -- and is he ever IN CHARGE
    Not a doubt in mind that you and your Mom/Dad were destined to be, and the rest is happy history! How lucky your human is, having a bold and beautiful, sweet and loving, purrsonality packed fur baby and best friend in you, Clifton! OK, she/he might rather your internal clock, your ability to switch beside lights be not quite so um, finely tuned, lol, but a few minutes of lost sleep, a missed magazine article a small price to pay when the reward is your love and devotion!

How lucky your human is, Clifty, having a fur baby as loyal and loving as you in her/his life! And how lucky is dear special needs fur bro Flake, having you as his protector and mentor, a 4 legged buddy to bond and play with, someone to show him how wonderful life can be! I'm not sure anyone could find you more special, love you more than your human, but after reading your happy homecoming, rescue story, your Mom/Dad's heartwarming tribute, consider me a fan for life!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you today has been such a treat! I hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day celebration...digging out those stuffed mice, playing with dear Flakes; demanding and receiving all the attention you crave, bunches of cuddles and kisses; being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, snuggles and smooches to you, beautiful Clifty, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!! Love to dear Flakey, too!

Last edited by tatsxxx11; 04-22-2022 at 03:23 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hi, Clifton! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a rescue story! your person, trainer and another person all teamed up to keep you safe and off the busy road! And as my friend phesina would say- home you went!

Now you have a lot of catitude, making sure things run as they should, since you are IN CHARGE. You start around 4 AM- boy, that's early! When the wake-up routine is done, you help your kitty house-mate Flake with learning to cat again- things like standing up, playing, and just generally being a cat! You are a mentor and therapist to Flake and a much loved kitty!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to Clifty and love to Flakey too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678