Thread: Darling Dexter!

Darling Dexter!

Dearest Dexter, you are darling indeed! What a gorgeous Black Cat gentleman you are, with that fluffy ebony fur that is so pretty and looks so soft, and that sweet face with those lovely big golden-green eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us! They're beautifully composed, and with such a stunning model, how could they not be! They show off your physical and spiritual beauty so well. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Petaluma, CA to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Momma will pet you for me .

And what a terrific story you have to tell! Your dear Momma adopted you from a local shelter after her previous cat passed away. With her fondness for black cats, she noticed you right away. She was told you'd been at the shelter for over a year, after being in another shelter that had too many cats. So the shelter people were very happy to find you a new home, and so were your new Momma and you! (I'm so glad that was a no-kill shelter that kept you for all that time, and my deepest thanks to them!)

When you arrived at your new Purrrmanent Purrrfect home, you just sat there at first with this "okay now what happens?" look. It took you a few weeks for you and Momma to get to know each other. Over time you two have become amazing, wonderful companions. You both are so happy you found each other! Your favorite things are being up high, playing with water, admiring the gas furnace, and spending time on Momma's lap. You love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Dexter, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Momma and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Beautiful blackie kitty Dexter!

Hello, Dexter kitty! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous blackie cat you are! I smiled when I saw the picture of you peeking out of the basket! Your fur looks very fluffy and soft- I would be delighted to pet you! Since I can't, though, I hope your person will pet you for me.

You and your person are amazing, wonderful companions! You like to be up high, play with water and best of all- to spend time in your mom's lap! You are a very gorgeous kitty gentleman!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Dexter!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Darling Dexter!

Greetings, Dexter! Happy Cat of the Day to you, sweetheart!

A stunning black beauty, that you are indeed, Dexter! Your gorgeous, charcoal grey and black coat frame your stunning green eyes to purrfection! And how sweet are your photos, Dexter! Not sure if it's houseplants or baskets that you're more a fan of, hehe For sure you truly do find water fascinating (or is that coffee in that cup?)

It's hard to believe a boy as beautiful as you languished over a year in a shelter, waiting patiently for that special someone meant to be yours to find his/her way to you! But while I'm sure the wait was hard, in the end you couldn't have landed in more caring and loving furever home, settling into your wonderful new life after a mere few weeks, never looking back!

I will always remember bringing him home that day, him sitting on my floor at his new home, looking at me like "okay now what happens?" It took a few weeks, I'd say, for us to get to know one another but over time he has become such an amazing, wonderful companion. I'm so glad we found each other!
    How lucky your Mom was the day you came into life; having been chosen by you to your very own; having known your love and devotion the past many years! What a treasure you are, Dexter, the poster boy for kitty adoption, purrfection on 4 paws!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Reading your Mom's loving tribute, your heartwarming rescue story, and seeing your gorgeous photos has been such a treat! I hope you're being treated to a very special Cat of the Day celebration...monitoring that furnace and playing in some water, lol; napping and lapping; munching on some yummy treats; being loved and pampered to pieces; treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful, sweet Dexter, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!!

Beautiful Dexter!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~