Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Catmandu, RB

Gary Catmandu, RB

I learned some very sad news today. Our wonderful, beloved friend Gary "Catmandu" Tweedle passed away at age 69 on February 15 at St. Joseph's Hospital in Hamilton, Ontario.

Gary was truly one of a kind, and he has always occupied a special place in my heart. He loved cats, his own cats and all cats, so very much.

He still loves them all and always will, I'm sure! He is a glorious Angel now, welcomed Home on his One Fine Day at the Rainbow Bridge by so many dear precious feline Angel friends.

Rest in peace, Gary Catmandu Angel. You are greatly loved and greatly missed. We will all be together, One Fine Day...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I have a JPG of his obituary notice. Karen, can I send this to you to post in this thread? Thank you.

If anyone would like me to send you the obit JPG, please send me a PM or e-mail to let me know an address for me to send it to you.

It says "In lieu of flowers, please donate to your local SPCA in memory of Gary Robert Tweedle, as he was known as a man who loved cats."

That is SO GARY!!!!! I will certainly be doing that, and I urge others to do so, too!

I will see if I can find an address to let his family know of any donations made in his memory.

Rest in peace, dearest Catmandu Angel, Home with all your kitties.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I learned some very sad news today. Our wonderful, beloved friend Gary "Catmandu" Tweedle passed away at age 69 on February 15 at St. Joseph's Hospital in Hamilton, Ontario.

Gary was truly one of a kind, and he has always occupied a special place in my heart. He loved cats, his own cats and all cats, so very much.

He still loves them all and always will, I'm sure! He is a glorious Angel now, welcomed Home on his One Fine Day at the Rainbow Bridge by so many dear precious feline Angel friends.

Rest in peace, Gary Catmandu Angel. You are greatly loved and greatly missed. We will all be together, One Fine Day...

This is news I knew would eventually come, but it is still very sad. I am very sure Gary was welcomed by all of his (and all) cats. I am also sure he is back in good health, which gives me some comfort.

Phesina- I will also share this in the Pet Talk group on Facebook. I lit another candle for him today in our gratefulness.org group.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Rest in paradise, dear Catmandu. I will always remember you. Until we meet again one fine day.

RIP dear Catmandu

Yes, Phesina, send me the image and I can post it.

Rest in peace Sir, surrounded by the purrs and wrapped in the cuddles of all the cats you loved so dear.
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks, Karen.

I just e-mailed the obituary to your catoftheday e-mail account.

Pat
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    This is news I knew would eventually come, but it is still very sad. I am very sure Gary was welcomed by all of his (and all) cats. I am also sure he is back in good health, which gives me some comfort.

Phesina- I will also share this in the Pet Talk group on Facebook. I lit another candle for him today in our gratefulness.org group.
    Thank you, Elyse, for sharing the info with the Facebook group. I lit a candle, too.

Death thought about it.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Pat. My heartfelt condolences to Gary's family and friends. Gary was such a kind, gentle, caring soul, and a beloved member of Pet Talk, taken long before his time. I was dreading this day, but hopefully now he's at peace, free from suffering; wrapped in the warmth of all of his Pet friends, those who went before him, and of course, lots and lots of kitties.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

RIP Catmandu

I imagine he is surrounded by kitties at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I remember Gary well even though I never ventured to the cat side much, RIP Gary.

Here is his obituary:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Karen.
    Death thought about it.

Here is a link to Gary's obituary in the Hamilton (Ontario) Spectator newspaper:

https://www.legacy.com/ca/obituaries...?pid=201470940

Messages of memories and condolences can be left there.

Death thought about it.

Re : Gary Robert Tweedle

Thank you all for the kind words .

When we last saw Gary in the Hospital , on the Afternoon of Feb 15 th, he was unresponsive.

But I hope he heard me , when I talked to him , and I put my hand on his shoulder ,

and told him that that his kitty angels were waiting for him at the rainbow bridge .

I told him, that it was time for him to go be with his kitty angels, and that I would

see him one day at the rainbow bridge. He passed away that night at 10.15 pm .

Gary is in a better place now , with all his angels.
    Mother to Buddy the dog,
    and Angel Laddie Boy, Regis, and Sam.