Thread: Terrific Turk!

Terrific Turk!

Dearest Turk, a.k.a. Turk the Skurk, you are terrific indeed! What a darling young girl you are, just five months old! You're a gorgeous Tuxedo kitty, so handsome with soft-looking fur, mostly grey with white around your nose and mouth and on your tummy, and you have white gloves and socks to go with your pink paw-pads! Thank you for sharing those great photos with us. You're utterly adorable in all of them, looking so happy and relaxed and content. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to West Palm Beach, FL and pet you, and pet all your kitty housemates and friends, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you all for me .

And what an amazing story you have to tell! You were a feral kitten that your dear Purrrson-to-be grabbed by the neck shortly before last Thanksgiving. You were her own special Thanksgiving treat, and you were named for that. Your first 24 hours in the bathroom were chaotic, to say the least! Well, you were just a baby, and you were terrified. But you started to realize you were safe, and she let you out of the bathroom before she usually would have. She has several other kitties she's rescued, and you soon became part of the group. She had been planning to socialize you and bring you to the local shelter to be adopted, but you had wormed your way into her affections and she couldn't see giving you up! The other reason she kept you is that you're scared of anyone but her. That was the case with some of the other ferals she's rescued, who live with her. You and they are all safe there now!

Your Purrrson is sorry she was not able to catch your three siblings, because they moved away after she caught you. Recently she found where they are now, and she feeds them every day. She hopes to TNVR them before long, and she'll continue feeding them and talking to them each day. And her New Year's Resolution is to work even harder at TNVR! My very deepest gratitude to your dear Purrrson for all she is doing for so many cats who otherwise have no one to look after them and care for them! Blessings to her, and blessings to you and all the other cats whose lives have been made better with her work and concern and love.

You have a delightful Purrrsonality! You're a firecracker, full of energy, and you make your Purrrson smile with your antics. You're also very affectionate, for a few minutes a day, anyway! You and she (and all your kitty housemates and friends) all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Turk, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and kitty pals and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 02-12-2022 at 02:06 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Terrific Turk!

Hi Turk! Happy Cat of the Day, sweet baby girl!

I was so moved, Turk, reading your Mommy's love filled tribute, your heartwarming rags to riches rescue story! We are so very thankful to your Mom for saving you, for all of her tireless dedication to feral rescue, to TNVR! Thankful as well for not giving up on you, despite your bathroom escapades, hehe; giving you all the time you needed to settle into your new home, your new life, and the rest is happy history! Your transformation from frightened feral to the happy and healthy, confident and loving youngster we meet here today is testament to patience, commitment and unconditional love! It's no wonder, after all those weeks, you and your Mom having forged such a special bond of trust and love, that she had no choice but to make you hers! Yes, you're still a spunky and spirited little dynamo, but I have no doubt your Mom wouldn't have you any other way!

Turk is a bundle of energy, but also affectionate for a few minutes a day at least. She's a firecracker and loves to race up and down the hall. I adore her.
    As your Mom says, I too hope that after reading your life affirming backstory others will consider dedicating even a bit of their time to feral rescue! The rewards are priceless, and you are living, loving proof of that, Turk!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you today, learning of the very special place you hold in your Mom's heart, and she in yours, seeing your over the moon, heart-melting photos, has been such a treat! I hope you're being treated to a very special day of celebration, Turk...playing at full speed with your kitty bros and sisters, racing them up and down the stairs; napping and nesting in your favorite box; spending special time with your Mommy; being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Turk, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!! Love to all of your furry siblings too!

Jellybean toes!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

TNVR update

I did trap two of Turk’s siblings and released them a day after their spay — both were female, so thank heavens I got them in time! The third needs to be caught (I wonder if it’s also a female!), and Turk herself will get her own spay surgery in the next couple months.
    Thanks for commenting on Turk! She’s a dear girl.

What wonderful news, your trapping two of Turk's siblings, having them spayed, and then releasing them! I'm so touched to read your reports. All my very best wishes that the third is soon caught and fixed up!

Thank you and bless you, gilcieri, for all you are doing for these kitties and all the others you help. You are making such a difference in so many precious lives!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hello, adorable Miss Turk! I agree completely with what my friend tatsxxx11 said- I hope your days are full of kitten fun with playing, taking a nap in your favorite box, and being adorable! I am glad your sisters were able to be trapped, spayed and vaccinated ! Hugs and love to adorable Turk, and a wish that her third sister can be trapped for care too. Happy Cat of the Day!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678