Thread: Leon the Explorer!

Leon the Explorer!

Leon (originally named 'Silver') was adopted in October 2020 from New Fairfield Sherman Animal Welfare in New Fairfield, Connecticut. I named him after "Ponce De Leon" the Spanish explorer who landed in Florida because 1) Leon was originally rescued by a rescue organization in Florida and was transported to Connecticut for adoption and 2) he loves to explore everything-every bag, every drawer, every cabinet, every closet -- and he especially loves high places.

However, even though his official name is Leon, we call him Fitty - as in Fitty (Fifty) Shades of Grey. He is also known as 'Fitty Monster' because he can be quite the troublemaker. He is handsome, athletic, crazy, and affectionate. He is also very photogenic as you can see. He just wants to be loved … nd we love him very much!
    Hello, beautiful blue-grey kitty Leon! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous gentleman you are! I like your sweet face and your soft, plush fur! You just want to be loved and I would be very glad to pet you for as long as you wish!

I smiled as I read about how you were rescued in Florida, and then moved to Connecticut for adoption. You are a dedicated explorer, checking out drawers, cabinets and closets! You are handsome, athletic, crazy and affectionate! You are an especially persistent explorer of high places, oh my goodness! Best of all, you are a greatly loved kitty! PURRRRR-fect!

Happy, happy Cat of hte Day to gorgeous "Fitty" Ponce de Leon!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Leon, also known as Fitty, also known as 'Fitty Monster,' formerly known as Silver, what a gorgeous young Russian Blue guy you are! Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us. You are so good-looking in every one of them, showing off so many different moods and activities. And is that really you peeking out from among the Christmas tree branches, or is that picture a very creative use of Photoshop by your dear Purrrson?!! Whatever, you are quite the handsome fellow, with that thick Russian-Blue coat that looks so soft, and that sweet face with lovely big pale-green eyes and so many different expressions, all looking quite contented. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Sherman, CT to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

You have quite the story to tell! You were named for Ponce De Leon, the Spanish explorer who landed in Florida, because you were originally rescued in Florida. My greatest thanks to that wonderful organization there that rescued you. And then you were transported to Connecticut for adoption, and my greatest thanks to the wonderful New Fairfield Sherman Animal Welfare for sheltering you and getting you and your dear Purrrents together.

And also like Ponce De Leon, you're quite the explorer! Everything gets thoroughly explored, no matter what or where it is in your home. You love to explore every bag, every drawer, every cabinet, every closet, and you especially love high places.

You have the most delightful Purrrsonality! You're very photogenic, as we see here. You're handsome, athletic, crazy, and affectionate. You're full of mischief and can be a troublemaker at times, for which you've earned you the nickname Fitty Monster. You and your Purrrents all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Leon, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrents and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats and maybe some new bags to explore!

Last edited by phesina; 12-23-2021 at 04:55 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Precious Leon!!!

Greetings, Leon, a.k.a. "Fitty Monster!" Happy Cat of the Day, sweetheart!

You know the saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words?" Well, in your case, dear Leon, there are aren't words enough to covey just how handsome and plush, adorable and inquisitve, sweet and cRaZy and oh yes, how photogenic you are (though your fabulous photo spread, along with your human's hearwarming tribute, give us a pretty good idea as to just how handsome, adorable, sweet...how VERY special you are; purrfection on 4 paws, inside and out)! And so perfectly named, being the curious and inquisitive "explorer boy" that you are! You do your namesake proud!

You truly are the poster boy for kitty adoption, Leon, and we are forever grateful to New Fairfield Sherman Animal Welfare in New Fairfield, Connecticut, for providing you safe refuge until your furever human could find her way to you, and didn't you hit the furever home jackpot! Just as lucky is your human, having a furkid as special as you in her life! What a treasure you are, Leon, beautiful inside and out, simply the best!

Hope you're enjoying your well deserved day of honor, sweetheart, exploring and nesting in the vessel of your choosing and making a little merry mischief; cuddling with your people; being spoiled to the max and loved to bits! Much love, snuggles and smooches to you, fabulous Leon, Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!!
    And to you and yours, wishes for a very Merry Christmas! Now get out of that tree!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~