On Saturday, December 4, 2021 I sent my boy cat Diego to the Rainbow Bridge, or as I have been calling it, I sent him to Grandma's house.

Grandma, my mom, showed me her white house, with white curtains and white light to let me know she was waiting for Diego to arrive.

I'd had my boy for 14 years, since he was a wee fluff ball. He was difficult: fussy about food, absolutely not food motivated, wouldn't take meds and would fight like you were trying to kill him, would not tolerate me brushing him, would warn me when I tried to cut his nails - but I'd grr back at him and he'd allow the trim, hated vets - all of them, would stalk and attack his sister, had severe anxiety, developed degenerative disk disease which led to his collapsing when in the litter box and emerging covered in litter and pee.

He was a good cat too, he did love me. He liked to sit beside me on the couch and hold onto my hand/arm. He was my “coach”, as soon as I'd lay out the yoga mat he would be right on it, holding down his end, waiting for his opportunity for scratches while I did squats and plank. He caught his first mouse this fall when we were at Archer's place. Brought it upstairs in the wee hours of the morning only to drop it and wake us when the chase was on! He really attached to Archer, even going so far as to push past me to sit on his lap! It was just wonderful for him to trust someone else besides me.

He is an angel now and I am grieving his loss. His sister seems a little lost without him, even though he was more pain in the butt than snuggle buddy.