Thread: Diego has gone to the Rainbow Bridge

Diego has gone to the Rainbow Bridge

On Saturday, December 4, 2021 I sent my boy cat Diego to the Rainbow Bridge, or as I have been calling it, I sent him to Grandma's house.

Grandma, my mom, showed me her white house, with white curtains and white light to let me know she was waiting for Diego to arrive.

I'd had my boy for 14 years, since he was a wee fluff ball. He was difficult: fussy about food, absolutely not food motivated, wouldn't take meds and would fight like you were trying to kill him, would not tolerate me brushing him, would warn me when I tried to cut his nails - but I'd grr back at him and he'd allow the trim, hated vets - all of them, would stalk and attack his sister, had severe anxiety, developed degenerative disk disease which led to his collapsing when in the litter box and emerging covered in litter and pee.

He was a good cat too, he did love me. He liked to sit beside me on the couch and hold onto my hand/arm. He was my “coach”, as soon as I'd lay out the yoga mat he would be right on it, holding down his end, waiting for his opportunity for scratches while I did squats and plank. He caught his first mouse this fall when we were at Archer's place. Brought it upstairs in the wee hours of the morning only to drop it and wake us when the chase was on! He really attached to Archer, even going so far as to push past me to sit on his lap! It was just wonderful for him to trust someone else besides me.

He is an angel now and I am grieving his loss. His sister seems a little lost without him, even though he was more pain in the butt than snuggle buddy.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I am very sorry. Now Diego is in good plac looked after by his Grandma.
    RIP dear Diego.

Dear Gayle, I am so very sorry that your sweet, precious Diego has gone to the Bridge. My deepest sympathies to you and Cali and Archer and all who love him and grieve and miss him so very much. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

What a wonderful friend Diego has been to you, and still is and always will be! He came to you fourteen years ago as a wee fluffball of a kitten, and you've been together ever since. And what a personality! He had his difficult sides (and of course, who among us of whatever species doesn't?), fussy about foods, resisting medication and nail trims, hostile towards his sister. But he was so delightful, sitting beside you and holding onto your hand or arm, coaching you during your yoga sessions, bringing his first mouse-catch home only to drop it on the floor, coming to trust Archer and sit on his lap. What a sweetheart of a kitty, and what a true, precious companion forever!

Diego is a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge now, whole and healthy again, playing and relaxing with so many other loving and beloved Angels. He is content and comfortable with his dear Grandma in her white house with white curtains and white light. Together they are watching over you and sending down love and reminding you that you will all be together again, One Fine Day...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and ,
    From Pat and Sparkler and Tinker and so many Angels
    Last edited by phesina; 12-12-2021 at 04:37 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Again, I am so, so sorry.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda