Thread: Precious Rosita!

Precious Rosita!

Dearest Rosita, a.k.a. Rosita Zita Zu, you are absolutely gorgeous! What a stunningly beautiful Tuxedo lady you are! That thick, fluffy ebony fur with white highlights is so luxurious and looks so very soft. And what a sweet, sweet face you have with your white mustache and eyebrows and long white whiskers and lovely big golden eyes. You look so Purrrfectly comfortable resting in those great photos, and thank you for sharing them with us. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to West Palm Beach, FL to pet you, and pet all your kitty and doggie housemates, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you all for me .

What an amazing story you have to tell! Nine years ago you came to your dear Purrrson as a shy, scared, unsocialized 7-month-old kitten who didn't like other cats. Your Purrrson had already taken in too many strays and ferals from the neighborhood streets, but she/he couldn't say no to you! My very deepest thanks to her for all her/his work with so many cats who need so much. Your first few years were unmemorable other than you receiving several steroid shots for stomatitis and mouth pain, no doubt exacerbated by stress. Then the day came that your Purrrson had to say goodbye to her/his dear Jack, the only cat allowed to sleep in the bedroom with the dogs and her. You moved right in, and you've been there ever since!

There were problems at times, but you've all finally seemed to reach a good place. You've shown terrific growth, including playtime and affection and even, starting this past year, making biscuits! You sleep on your Purrrson's pillow or the one next to it. In the daytime when the rest of the dozen cats come in the room, you retreat to a bed under the dresser. You still get annoyed easily, and you don't like other cats coming too close. You and your Purrrson are great friends now, and you're lying by her arm as she writes! You are very precious, and you all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Rosita, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and kitties and doggies and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. We know that Jack Angel is rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!

Last edited by phesina; 11-08-2021 at 11:27 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Dearest Rosita, a.k.a. Rosita Zita Zu, I am looking forward to seeing your own photo soon! (Yesterday's precious Bailey's photo is still up there .) I have no doubt you are absolutely gorgeous!
    Sorry, Rosita's photos are up now!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Sorry, Rosita's photos are up now!
    Thanks for updating those, Karen. She really is stunning!!!!! Will get onto updating my post on her soon...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Precious Rosita!!!

Good morning, Rosita! Happy Cat of the Day to you, sweetheart!

What a gorgeous, golden-eyed Tuxie girl you are Rosita! Your long, white whiskers are amazing, and just look at that sweet milk moustache! Precious!

I was so touched by your human's tribute, Rosita, reading your heartwarming rags to riches rescue story, and what an amazing journey it's been! From a homeless, frightened and confused kitten, to a much loved and cherished furry family member, your transformation is testament to rescue, unconditional love and unwavering commitment!

We are endlessly thankful to your Mom for her devotion to feral rescue, for opening up her home and heart to you (and so many others!) with open arms; for never giving up on you as you struggled to settle into your new home; taking on every new challenge (physical and behavioral) you may have thrown her way, even those late night "accidents" with unquestioned acceptance and unconditional love! And now, these many years later, after all the,ups and downs...

Then we finally seemed to reach a good place! I've seen wonderful growth that includes a bit of playtime (nothing crazy), her loving affection (as long as you stay in the front half of her body), and even making biscuits! That kneading just happened within the last year. She sleeps on my pillow or the one next to me, and during the day when all the others (I have a perfectly manageable dozen now) come in to lie on my bed, she goes to a cat bed under my dresser. She's still a testy girl who gets annoyed easily and is a drama queen when another cat goes near her, but we are great friends now. I love her. She's lying next to me touching my arm as I type this. My Rosita Zita Zu!
    Happy and healthy, enjoying your family and living life on your terms, loved unconditionally? It doesn't get any better than that! Ahh! Life is good!

How blessed your Mom was, the fateful night so many years ago you landed on her doorstep! You may not have been a planned addition to the family, but no doubt it was meant to be! And when handed one very special job, you stepped up to the plate, helping to fill that empty place in your Mom's heart, and on her bed!

Fast forward a handful of years, and I had to put down my beloved Jack, the only cat allowed to sleep in my bedroom with the dogs and me. I think Rosita found the space herself, and since then she's never left.
    What a girl! You do beloved Jack's legacy proud, sweetheart! What a treasure you are, Rosita, a gem, and so very deserving of you big day in the spotlight!

I hope you enjoy a very special Cat of the Day celebration, sweetheart, spending special time you Mom and furry siblings; feasting on your fave foods and napping on the big bed; being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desirs and more! Lots of love, gentle pets and *kisses* to you, beautiful Rosita, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!! Love to all of your dear kitty and doggie siblings, too!

Gorgeous Rosita!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hello, Rosita in Florida! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a lovely tuxedo lady you are! I like your long white whiskers and your purr-fect tuxedo markings!

I am so grateful to your purr-son for patiently caring for you, despite your ups and downs. You have reached a good place, where you are starting to be affectionate (making biscuits!) and even playful! You have found that the bedroom is your special place. You are skeptical if another kitty comes too close, but things are definitely getting better! Hooray!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to lovely Rosita, and love to all the kitties at your house! Great thanks to your caring person, too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678