Greetings Myrtle the Turtle! Happy Pet of the Day to you, sweetheart!

What a treat, having a beautiful, adorable Box Turtle as our featured honoree! Your shell's coloring and markings are so pretty, and oh my, that face!!! I had two Box Turtle buddies as a child, so seeing you up on my Pet of the Day screen this morning, reading your proud human's tribute made my morning so extra bright, just as you brighten your human's mornings every day of the year!

How lucky your young human is, having a beautiful, sweet and loving, best shelled friend in you, Myrtle; best birthday gift ever; her/his shell full of sunshine! Those photos of you enjoying time in your garden, soaking up the sunshine and chowing down on those ripe, homegrown tomatoes are heart-melting! And now, as we head into winter, no doubt you're hunkered down in your terrarium, all toasty warm! But no matter the season, each and every month, each and every day of the year you are loved so completly, and just as it should be, spoiled rotten!

She lives in a terrarium in my room, and when it's warm enough outside, she loves to roam around my yard as I watch her. Her favorite thing to do outside is wander into our garden and eat tomatoes off of the vines!
She is a very spoiled little turtle, but I love her very much. She's a little shell full of sunshine.
Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweet baby girl! Meeting you today, reading your human's love filled tribute and seeing your lovely photos has warmed me to the bone! I hope you enjoy a very special day of celebration, Myrtle...spending special time with your human, munching on all of your fave foods (RED grapes, strawberries, lettuce, and bananas); being loved to the max and spoiled to bits! Lots of love to you, beautiful, sweet Myrtle, our very special and most deserving Pet of the Day, EVERY day!!!

That sweet face!!!

Slurp!!!