Thread: Darling Teddy the Survivor!!!

Darling Teddy the Survivor!!!

Hi Teddy! A very happy Cat of the Day to you, sweetheart!

What a brave and beautiful, most precious ebony boy you are, Teddy! I was so moved (to tears!) reading your Mom/Dad's heartwarming tribute! We can only imagine what it took for you to survive the horrific abuse you suffered at the hand of that monster "human!" I'm so, so very sorry to hear it resulted in the loss of your limb. (My rescued boy Tigg'r lost his arm too, after having been shot.)

But just like my Tigg, even such unspeakable abuse and the loss of a limb couldn't dim your bright inner light, your ability put the past beyond you, to love and trust! Your fighting spirit and will to live, your indomitable spirit is truly an inspiration to us all, Teddy!

We are so, so very thankful to all of those wonderful humans who had a hand in saving you,Teddy; doing all that was necessary to heal you, physically and emotionally, giving you a 2nd chance at that happy, carefree and love filled life you so deserve! You've only been with your furever human but a very short time, sweetheart, but already the bond of love and trust you and she share runs deep! No doubt it was destined to be that you and she would be as one; better together; best friends and family forever and always!

Thanks so much to Paws in Need and Fix Our Ferals, two great organizations here in the San Francisco East Bay area. And thanks to all the kind people who come to the aid of animals in need, especially my two neighbors. I hope Teddy is my Cat of the Day every day for a long, long time!
    And we too, Teddy, are hoping that you and your devoted human will know many, many happy and loved filled years of shared love and companionship!

I picked him up after his surgery and took him home. Already he was hopping around and jumping on the bed or the couch but mostly he was pretty wiped out from the surgery. He is such a sweetheart, especially considering what some person did to him. Even the vet said what a great cat he is. In the past couple of days he is starting to follow me around and explore his new home a bit more. He is very chatty and loves to snuggle, get brushed, and eat! He is looking better already.
    Looking good and ready to enjoy every minute of your wonderful life, yes sir! How lucky your Mom is, having been blessed with a furkid as special as you, Teddy! You truly are a treasure, a fighter and survivor, one in a million!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you today, reading your heartwarming rags to rich story of survival, seeing your life affirming, precious photos has been pure joy! I hope you enjoy a very special, peaceful day of healing and celebration...cautiously spending some time exploring; savoring a yummy meal or two; spending special time with your Mom, receiving countless, gentle cuddles; being loved to bits! Lots of love, gentle snuggles and wee kisses to you, brave, beautiful Teddy, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!!

Beautiful, brave Teddy!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dearest Teddy, you are absolutely beautiful! That fluffy black medium-length fur is so pretty and looks so very soft, and what a sweet face you have with those lovely big golden eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us, which tell you story so well. They illustrate clearly both the horrible injuries done to you and your indomitable spirit shining through after your rescue in spite of the vicious cruelty you suffered. You are so precious, with your look of relief and contentment as you recover from your injuries and treatment and the right-front-paw amputation. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to San Leandro, CA to pet you gently! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you for me .

What a horrendous but ultimately heartwarming and inspiring story you have to tell! I am so very sorry you were hurt so badly before you were rescued. Words cannot fully express my rage towards the alleged-human(s) who did those things to you. I am so very, very grateful to your rescuers and to your loving Purrrson-to-be who brought you HOME! My deepest thanks to them all, and to the vet who treated your injuries, Paws in Need and Fix Our Ferals, and all the kind people who come to the aid of animals in need. Blessings to you and them all!

What a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You have not been in your new, safe, wonderful Home very long, but you are already starting to follow your new Purrrson around and explore your new home a bit more. You're very chatty, and you love to snuggle, get brushed, and eat. He/she says you are looking better already! You love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Teddy, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Concatulations darling Teddy on being chosen COTD. You are an absolut Darling.
    I wish lots of pets, scritches and treats today and every day

Hello, Teddy kitty! Happy Cat of the Day!

I agree completely with what all my friends have already said ... you are precious, a treasure, beautiful and darling kitty boy! I too would like to pet you very gently ... since I can't, though, I hope you will allow your person to give you some pats and scritchies from me.

I too am very grateful to everyone who has helped you recover from your injuries and find yourself in your forever home! You are very chatty, and you have learned about nice things like snuggling and getting brushies. One other thing you need to know is treats which we humans like to serve to kitties! We like to spoil kitties!

Happy Cat of the day to dear Teddy and a very long, healthy life!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678