Thread: Blessed Best Buddy

Blessed Best Buddy

Name:  01i.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  229.1 KB

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day
    Of all of your wonderful photos, I love this one.
    You look so content sitting and being brushed.
    You have hit the jackpot with the best cavy parents ever.
    Your life is now full of good food and so much love.
    You don't seem to mind your little brother running around you.
    Best of all, you don't even mind getting your nails trimmed.
    Enjoy your special day and your life from now on.
    Seniors are the best

Blessed Best Buddy!!!

Wheek, wheek, precious, handsome, lovable Buddy! Happy Halloween Pet of the Day to you, sweetheart, from all in this Guinea Pig loving home!

Be still my heart!!! What a precious, handsome, lovable senior boy you are, sweetheart! And oh yes, SO photogenic, super model material for sure! AS your human says, you don't have a "better side!" hehe

Buddy is very photogenic (and a perfect super model). It's very interesting how his coloring is so different on each side of his face - we can't pick his "best side" because they both are! : )
    How perfectly named you are, Buddy, bringing so much joy to not only your humans' lives with your joyful song, but to all you meet; Everybody's Buddy, that you are; a gentle and loving soul with a heart of gold! You do your iconic, beloved namesake proud, Buddy!

The talented, legendary singer/songwriter, Buddy Holly, inspired us when we were naming our Buddy. We love Buddy Holly and we love our sweet, darling, endearing Buddy! We always say that our easy-going Buddy is "Everybody's Buddy" because he likes everyone! : )
    Having been mom to several rescued pigs over the years, my heart was warmed to the core, reading your Mom's touching tribute to her/his best boy, learning of her tireless dedication to wheeker rescue! November being Adopt-a-Senior-Pet Month, I too hope that after reading your hearwarming, uplifting, rags to riches backstory, learning of the joy to be had in opening up one's heart and home to a senior, others will choose rescue too, senior rescue!

November is Adopt-a-Senior Pet Month. We have adopted many senior cavies/gps from shelters/Humane Societies through the decades and they have all been a joy, Heaven-sent and the experience has been so rewarding! We hope Buddy's story encourages others to Opt to Adopt a Senior Pet because ALL pets (big OR small) deserve a loving fur-ever home!
    Amen! What a heaven sent treasure you are indeed, Buddy, the poster boy for piggy rescue! How blessed your humans are, having a beautiful, sweet and loving best boy and furry family member in you, Buddy! The comfort and joy, love and laughter you bring to their lives is truly a priceless gift! That said, my pigs never missed a chance to wetly warm my lap during those cuddle sessions!

And how blessed are you, Buddy, having found your way to the most loving, devoted and responsible furever family imaginable, providing you with all the best that life to has to offer, all that is required to keep you happy and healthy, including but not limited to high quality Oxbow pellets and hay, vit. C supplements, regular baths and nail clippings, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, cutie pie! Meeting you today, learning of the very special place you hold in your humans' hearts, being treated to all of your utterly heart-melting photos has been pure joy! I hope you're enjoying a very special Pet of the Day celebration...playing and snuggling with dear brother Herbie; chowing down on some yummy cucumber, lettuce, carrot and spinach; being treated to an extra longggggggggg brushing; warming your humans' laps, receiving tons of cuddles; being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, snuggle and kisses to you, precious Buddy, our very special and most deserving Pet of the Day, EVERY day!!! Love to Pet of the Day alum, your precious brother Herbie, too!!!

Be still my heart!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh, yay! It's PT's own (CavyMom) Buddy! Happy, happy Pet of the Day and tons of love to Herbie too!

What a handsome fellow you are, Buddy! I like your fur that is cream-colored, orange-golden, brown and sometimes a combination of colors! (Is your fur ticked, like a tabby cat's fur?) You do resemble Buddy Holly in your glasses! I agree with your photographer, every side is your best!

I could not say it any better than my friend tatsxxx11:
    And how blessed are you, Buddy, having found your way to the most loving, devoted and responsible furever family imaginable, providing you with all the best that life to has to offer, all that is required to keep you happy and healthy, including but not limited to high quality Oxbow pellets and hay, vit. C supplements, regular baths and nail clippings, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!
    Your people are the PT ambassadors and educators for all things cavy!

I am sending you a very gentle hug (one for Herbie too, please) for your special day! I hope you get a yummy treat of carrot or cucumber, or maybe extra brushies for your big day! Happy Pet of the Day, Buddy!

p.s., I just noticed that one side of your nose is brown and one is pink!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Buddy, you are utterly adorable! What a gorgeous Senior English Short-Hair Cavy you are, with that glistening colorful coat of many colors and that sweet face with different coloring on each side, with the two-tone nose and those lovely big eyes. Thank you for sharing that terrific album of great photos with us! They show off your beauty and personality and favorite things so well. You are very photogenic. How nice to see you with your namesake Buddy Holly! You look much like him when you're wearing your glasses.

And what a story you have to tell! You were dumped at the Animal Protective Agency by someone who said you were "too aggressive." Were they ever wrong! Your dear wonderful fur-ever family adopted you six months ago. Your person says you're "the most laid back, charming, patient boy ever with a pure, sweet soul." You have the most delightful personality, and you make your dear people smile with your antics. You love lap time and eating veggies and getting brushed and playing with your younger adopted brother Herbie. You all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

What a great spokes-piggy you are for Adopt-a-Senior Pet Month! We join you in hoping that your story will encourage others to Opt to Adopt a Senior Pet, because ALL pets (big OR small) deserve a loving fur-ever home!

And we learn now that you and Herbie are members of our terrific Pet Talk family! You share your home and lives and joy with our own CavyMom. It is a pleasure to be introduced to you as members of the family!

Congratulations, darling Buddy, on being chosen Pet of the Day! We hope you and your dear Herbie and CavyMom and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats, with a special serving of cucumbers, green leaf lettuce, Oxbow food/hay/Vitamin C tablets, spinach, and carrots!

Last edited by phesina; 11-02-2021 at 06:11 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaDWM View Post
    Name:  01i.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  229.1 KB

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day
    Of all of your wonderful photos, I love this one.
    You look so content sitting and being brushed.
    You have hit the jackpot with the best cavy parents ever.
    Your life is now full of good food and so much love.
    You don't seem to mind your little brother running around you.
    Best of all, you don't even mind getting your nails trimmed.
    Enjoy your special day and your life from now on.
    Seniors are the best
    Thank you so much, Donna, for ALL your kind words about our precious Buddy AND us, his Cavy Mom & Dad! You certainly know how wonderful senior pets are because you are the Ultimate Senior Pet Mommy, spoiling all of your fur babies and giving them Heaven on Earth every day! Cavy Mom & Dad P.S. Thank you so much for honoring us with the title of "best cavy parents ever"! P.P.S. We love this photo of Buddy, too! He looks so happy, content and comfy!
    Last edited by CavyMom; 11-02-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    Wheek, wheek, precious, handsome, lovable Buddy! Happy Halloween Pet of the Day to you, sweetheart, from all in this Guinea Pig loving home!

Be still my heart!!! What a precious, handsome, lovable senior boy you are, sweetheart! And oh yes, SO photogenic, super model material for sure! AS your human says, you don't have a "better side!" hehe

How perfectly named you are, Buddy, bringing so much joy to not only your humans' lives with your joyful song, but to all you meet; Everybody's Buddy, that you are; a gentle and loving soul with a heart of gold! You do your iconic, beloved namesake proud, Buddy!

Having been mom to several rescued pigs over the years, my heart was warmed to the core, reading your Mom's touching tribute to her/his best boy, learning of her tireless dedication to wheeker rescue! November being Adopt-a-Senior-Pet Month, I too hope that after reading your hearwarming, uplifting, rags to riches backstory, learning of the joy to be had in opening up one's heart and home to a senior, others will choose rescue too, senior rescue!

Amen! What a heaven sent treasure you are indeed, Buddy, the poster boy for piggy rescue! How blessed your humans are, having a beautiful, sweet and loving best boy and furry family member in you, Buddy! The comfort and joy, love and laughter you bring to their lives is truly a priceless gift! That said, my pigs never missed a chance to wetly warm my lap during those cuddle sessions!

And how blessed are you, Buddy, having found your way to the most loving, devoted and responsible furever family imaginable, providing you with all the best that life to has to offer, all that is required to keep you happy and healthy, including but not limited to high quality Oxbow pellets and hay, vit. C supplements, regular baths and nail clippings, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, cutie pie! Meeting you today, learning of the very special place you hold in your humans' hearts, being treated to all of your utterly heart-melting photos has been pure joy! I hope you're enjoying a very special Pet of the Day celebration...playing and snuggling with dear brother Herbie; chowing down on some yummy cucumber, lettuce, carrot and spinach; being treated to an extra longggggggggg brushing; warming your humans' laps, receiving tons of cuddles; being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, snuggle and kisses to you, precious Buddy, our very special and most deserving Pet of the Day, EVERY day!!! Love to Pet of the Day alum, your precious brother Herbie, too!!!

Be still my heart!!!

Thank you so much, tatsxxx11, for ALL your sweet words about our precious Buddy! We know you understand how wonderful, loving and special each and every cavy/gp is! You were 100% correct when you said this about Buddy: "...The comfort and joy, love and laughter you bring to their lives [us, Buddy's fur-parents] is truly a priceless gift!" We agree with you that Buddy IS indeed a "Heaven-sent treasure," too! We appreciate all of your thoughtful, lovely words about our endearing Buddy and his POTD alum brother, darling Herbie - and us! Cavy Mom & Dad
    Last edited by CavyMom; 11-02-2021 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Oh, yay! It's PT's own (CavyMom) Buddy! Happy, happy Pet of the Day and tons of love to Herbie too!

What a handsome fellow you are, Buddy! I like your fur that is cream-colored, orange-golden, brown and sometimes a combination of colors! (Is your fur ticked, like a tabby cat's fur?) You do resemble Buddy Holly in your glasses! I agree with your photographer, every side is your best!

I could not say it any better than my friend tatsxxx11: Your people are the PT ambassadors and educators for all things cavy!

I am sending you a very gentle hug (one for Herbie too, please) for your special day! I hope you get a yummy treat of carrot or cucumber, or maybe extra brushies for your big day! Happy Pet of the Day, Buddy!

p.s., I just noticed that one side of your nose is brown and one is pink!
    Thank you, cassiesmom, for all your wonderful words about our precious Buddy and us, his CavyMom and CavyDad! We felt VERY honored to read your comment, "... Your people are the PT ambassadors and educators for all things cavy!" We truly are die-hard cavy fans! Our Buddy is VERY uniquely colored, right down to his nostrils! (LOL) Thanks for remembering our darling Herbie, too, and sending him hugs! We love the photo of our Buddy in glasses, too, like his famous namesake! We truly appreciate all of your kind words ~ It's so nice to be in a community of cavy/gp fans! CavyMom and CavyDad

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Dearest Buddy, you are utterly adorable! What a gorgeous Senior English Short-Hair Cavy you are, with that glistening colorful coat of many colors and that sweet face with different coloring on each side, with the two-tone nose and those lovely big eyes. Thank you for sharing that terrific album of great photos with us! They show off your beauty and personality and favorite things so well. You are very photogenic. How nice to see you with your namesake Buddy Holly! You look much like him when you're wearing your glasses.

And what a story you have to tell! You were dumped at the Animal Protective Agency by someone who said you were "too aggressive." Were they ever wrong! Your dear wonderful fur-ever family adopted you six months ago. Your person says you're "the most laid back, charming, patient boy ever with a pure, sweet soul." You have the most delightful personality, and you make your dear people smile with your antics. You love lap time and eating veggies and getting brushed and playing with your younger adopted brother Herbie. You all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

What a great spokes-piggy you are for Adopt-a-Senior Pet Month! We join you in hoping that your story will encourage others to Opt to Adopt a Senior Pet, because ALL pets (big OR small) deserve a loving fur-ever home!

And we learn now that you and Herbie are members of our terrific Pet Talk family! You share your home and lives and joy with our own CavyMom. It is a pleasure to be introduced to you as members of the family!

Congratulations, darling Buddy, on being chosen Pet of the Day! We hope you and your dear Herbie and CavyMom and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats, with a special serving of cucumbers, green leaf lettuce, Oxbow food/hay/Vitamin C tablets, spinach, and carrots!

Thank you so much, phesina, for ALL of your kind words about our precious Buddy, Herbie and us, their CavyMom and CavyDad! What a sweet comment you made, "... You all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!" That is so true ~ like billions of fur-parents, we do give and feel a lot of love from our beloved Buddy and Herbie! It's impossible for me to conceive of heartless humans dumping precious pets at shelters but it warms my heart that compassionate pet people like you appreciate the uniqueness and specialness of every single precious pet! Thanks again for all your kind words! CavyMom and CavyDad P.S. Fun Fact: The only mini glasses I could find that would fit our Buddy properly for a photo with his namesake (Buddy Holly) came from an American Girl doll! teehee

Quote Originally Posted by CavyMom View Post
    Thank you so much, tatsxxx11, for ALL your sweet words about our precious Buddy! We know you understand how wonderful, loving and special each and every cavy/gp is! You were 100% correct when you said this about Buddy: "...The comfort and joy, love and laughter you bring to their lives [us, Buddy's fur-parents] is truly a priceless gift!" We agree with you that Buddy IS indeed a "Heaven-sent treasure," too! We appreciate all of your thoughtful, lovely words about our endearing Buddy and his POTD alum brother, darling Herbie - and us! Cavy Mom & Dad
    That's so kind of you! I'm just sorry I didn't realize that Buddy was one of Pet Talk's very own yesterday! Should have known you were Buddy's mom, after reading how loved and well cared for he is! You're the best Guinea Pig pawreny (and his Dad!) EVER!!! Hope Buddy and crew continue to revel in his big day of honor, playing and popcorning to the max, being spoiled EXTRA rotton! Give my best buddy, Buddy, and all of his piggy pals lots of extra love and cuddles for me!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    That's so kind of you! I'm just sorry I didn't realize that Buddy was one of Pet Talk's very own yesterday! Should have known you were Buddy's mom, after reading how loved and well cared for he is! You're the best Guinea Pig pawreny (and his Dad!) EVER!!! Hope Buddy and crew continue to revel in his big day of honor, playing and popcorning to the max, being spoiled EXTRA rotton! Give my best buddy, Buddy, and all of his piggy pals lots of extra love and cuddles for me!
    Thank you, tatsxxx11! We are still celebrating with our precious Buddy and he is taking it all in with his usual happy, laid-back, easy-going style ~ he's like the Perry Como of cavies! (It's so deserving when pets are honored as POTD/DOTD/COTD after they were heartlessly dumped at a shelter.) You always leave such beautiful, heart-felt tributes to every POTD! Thank you again for all your kind words about Buddy, Herbie and all of our adopted Scamps through the years and us! We will make sure and give your best buddy, Buddy, and his adopted brother, Herbie, lots of extra love and cuddles from you! God Bless! CavyMom and CavyDad www.guineapigsfun.net

Quote Originally Posted by CavyMom View Post
    Thank you, tatsxxx11! We are still celebrating with our precious Buddy and he is taking it all in with his usual happy, laid-back, easy-going style ~ he's like the Perry Como of cavies! (It's so deserving when pets are honored as POTD/DOTD/COTD after they were heartlessly dumped at a shelter.) You always leave such beautiful, heart-felt tributes to every POTD! Thank you again for all your kind words about Buddy, Herbie and all of our adopted Scamps through the years and us! We will make sure and give your best buddy, Buddy, and his adopted brother, Herbie, lots of extra love and cuddles from you! God Bless! CavyMom and CavyDad www.guineapigsfun.net
    Elyse here ... I hope we're not done celebrating yet because I am still enjoying these pictures of Buddy, and the ones of Herbie too! I was slicing a cucumber last night for salad and thinking of them Cavy Mom, you have mentioned in the past that bunnies need appropriate toys for their mouths, because of how their teeth grow. Do guinea pigs need such toys too, I wonder? Buddy has such perfect fall colors! Some white and some black whiskers, too! What a cutie!

Buddy and Herbie, I hope you get another yummy treat of carrot or cucumber, or maybe some Ox Bow pellets (are those treats?) because we're not through celebrating YOU

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Elyse here ... I hope we're not done celebrating yet because I am still enjoying these pictures of Buddy, and the ones of Herbie too! I was slicing a cucumber last night for salad and thinking of them Cavy Mom, you have mentioned in the past that bunnies need appropriate toys for their mouths, because of how their teeth grow. Do guinea pigs need such toys too, I wonder? Buddy has such perfect fall colors! Some white and some black whiskers, too! What a cutie!

Buddy and Herbie, I hope you get another yummy treat of carrot or cucumber, or maybe some Ox Bow pellets (are those treats?) because we're not through celebrating YOU
    Hi Elyse! Yes, we're still celebrating Buddy's POTD honor with lots of treats and love! We're so glad you're still enjoying our precious Buddy and Herbie's photos! We agree - Buddy's colors are perfect for autumn!

Yes, all bunnies, cavies/gps, gerbils, hamsters, rats and mice teeth continually grow throughout their lives, even their molars. You have to keep an eye on their weight, chewing/eating habits and change in activity because teeth issues can occur quickly at any age and cause sore gums, painful eating and depression. Timothy hay is great for their health and teeth. We also buy KayTee's Timothy Hay Natural Hay Blocks are cube-shaped and help work their teeth as they eat them. Safe wooden toys (like KayTee Nut Knot Nibblers) and chew sticks made for small animals are also good for them to gnaw on to keep their teeth trimmed. (Our Scamps also like to chew on their cardboard houses and toilet paper rolls.) Unfortunately, we have had MANY cavies/gps that have required routine teeth trimming by our vet using the safest anesthetic, Isoflurane, and they have all survived and thrived! (Teeth should NEVER EVER be trimmed with nail clippers by pet owners OR vets!) When they get older, sometimes their teeth shift (including molars) and will not align, which causes overgrowth because they cannot chew properly to keep them trimmed. One of our sweet babies, Jeepers, lived over 8 years old and during the last 3 1/2 years of his life, he had monthly teeth trimming. He bounced back quickly but we supplemented his diet with Oxbow's Critical Care (a healthy dry powder diet supplement mixed with water) given orally with a syringe.

Believe it or not, horses teeth grow, too, and squirrels 4 front teeth continually grow because they gnaw on very hard nuts and food! (The term "long in the tooth" refers to older horses whose teeth have grown too long.)

Thanks, again, for all your kind, wonderful comments on our Buddy and Herbie! Have a blessed day! CavyMom and CavyDad

P.S. Oxbow makes the highest-quality food/treats/supplements for small animals and the Oxbow pellets (their dry pellet-shaped food) is hay-based, which is the best, instead of wheat or corn based, which is junk small animals don't need.

Merry Christmas to Buddy, Herbie and your people!