Thread: October N'oreaster

October N'oreaster

We hope our beloved Sandra tatsxxx11 is okay, and all her animals, as the Nor-easter walloped the Cape and much of Massachusetts.

It was strange for me, now that I am far inland. We just got rain, rain and more rain. The rivers are full.

We have had light frosts - car windshields, tarp - but no hard frost yet, so I still have Cosmos blossoming and marigolds -which is just plain strange this late into October.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm glad you're all right, Karen. I'm hoping and praying and wishing for all the best for my good friend Sandra and her family.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We hope our beloved Sandra tatsxxx11 is okay, and all her animals, as the Nor-easter walloped the Cape and much of Massachusetts.

It was strange for me, now that I am far inland. We just got rain, rain and more rain. The rivers are full.

We have had light frosts - car windshields, tarp - but no hard frost yet, so I still have Cosmos blossoming and marigolds -which is just plain strange this late into October.
    Thanks, Karen. It was horrific, 90-100 mph wind (middle of the night Tues. which was extra scary, house rattling, couldn't see what was happening outside and no power inside, plus Junji was in Maine, just me and the kids huddled on the couch). 4 houses down my side street major damage from trees falling on roofs, cars, power lines down everywhere. Finally after 4 days no power, no lights, heat, hot water, Internet (no shower!&#128557 power back last night, Internet few hrs later. Had to throw out 100's dollars food.😑 Did I mention we have a generator, but after 1 hr of warmth and bliss, Wed. morning, carburetor went. Irony is dead.😁 PLUS, got call yesterday our new dryer sitting in a port somewhere... could be a month or more wait.🙄😂

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

alright

I'm so happy that PTers up that way are safe. I've been watching the news and it looked like the storm left a lot of damage

Quote Originally Posted by david p View Post
    I'm so happy that PTers up that way are safe. I've been watching the news and it looked like the storm left a lot of damage
    Thanks, David! Yes, it was a bad one, but thankfully no fatalities that I know of. Read today, 5 days later, some on Cape Cod are still without power. Yikes.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~