Thread: Shane the Survivor!!!

Hybrid View

Shane the Survivor!!!

Hi Shane in Simcoe, Canada! Happy Pet of the Day to you, sweetheart!

What a stunning Quarter Horse x Arabian you are, Shane; what a heartwarming, uplifting, life affirming rags to riches story is yours! I can't imagine why, or how anyone could abuse with such cruelty a beautiful horse, a defenseless BABY. Breaks my heart...

Thankfully you were rescued before any more harm might come to you, Shane, removed from that house of horrors, falling into the caring, loving arms of a forever human, a family that would respect you and love you unconditionally; giving you all the time you needed to overcome your fears (including mud); to heal, inside and out! And in return, how wonderfully you have repaid your human's patience and compassion, teaching her to over come her fears; so much about life, and not just about riding and horsemanship, but what it means to be trusted partners in and out of the ring! Oh, what a very special bond you two share!!!

Shane taught me not to take a horse's attitude when they take advastage of you without getting angry yourself. Shane also gave me my first fall and helped me to analyze my ideas before doing them as well as to listen to my horse to know if it is fear or frustration that is keeping us from doing something. He has taught me so much, and we have taught him life can be good in return
    Endless thanks to your hero human (the entire family!) for rescuing you, welcoming you into her home and heart! She is one lucky soul, having a riding partner and best friend as breathtakingly beautiful, as loyal and loving, as big hearted as you, Shane! Your indomitable spirit and will to survive is truly an inspiration to us all!

What a joy it was meeting you today, Shane; reading your heartwarming backstory, seeing your beautiful photos! I hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration...spending special time with your human and the family; treated to some yummy treats: peppermint, carrot and apple, hehe; being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love and a big hug to you, beautiful Shane, our very special and most deserving Pet of the Day, EVERY day!!!

Stunning!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Shane

Name:  large (1).jpg
Views: 141
Size:  11.3 KB

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day
    What a handsome fellow who had a rough start in life.
    Now you are much loved and understood
    Celebrate your world famous day and every day

Dearest Shane, you are so beautiful and so very, very precious! What a gorgeous Quarter Horse / Arabian cross you are, with that orange-brown coat and lighter mane and tail, and that sweet face with those lovely big eyes (covered up with the fly mask in the one picture)! You look so joyful and happy in them, and so you should!

I too was horrified by your story of being beaten as a baby. The unspeakable cruelty of some of those alleged-"humans" out there never fails to outrage me. I am SO very glad and very grateful that you were rescued from that environment and wound up being given to the people who would turn out to give you your Perfect Furrrever Home! Now you live your life full of the love you deserve (and always did deserve). You and your people all have a lot to teach each other, and you all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Shane, on being chosen Pet of the Day! We hope you and your dear people and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a handsome Arabian/Quarter horse you are, Shane.

I am sorry you were abused as a baby.

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana