Dearest Gretchen, also known as Greti, what a gorgeous lady you are! Your Tuxedo-pattern black and white fur is so beautiful and looks so very soft, and what a sweet face you have with that cute pink nose and those lovely big green eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us! You're so pretty there, crouching down on on that rug and looking up at us. And then, that second picture of you as a kitten is precious! What a darling child you were, and what a darling lady you have grown up to be! I wish I could reach through the screen and across the ocean to Bochum, Germany to pet you and tickle you under your chin (only if you want to be tickled under your chin, of course), and pet your dear sister Nori, too. I can't pet you or Nori or tickle you under your chin, but I know your loving and beloved person will pet you and tickle you (only if you want to be tickled, of course) and Nori's dear person will pet her .

What a delightful story you have to tell. You've been part of your family since you were a kitten, and now you are almost eleven years old! The neighbor adopted Nori back then, too, and you and she used to play together in the garden each day. Then you came to dislike each other and you no longer play together, which is sad. We hope you two will become friends and start playing together again some day! You're a great hunter and keep mice from eating the garden, but sometimes you bring the dead mice into the house. That's not so nice, but most of the time you're a very nice cat! You and your people all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Gretchen, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear people and Nori and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.