Thread: Wonderful Wink!

Wonderful Wink!

Dearest Wink, what a wonderful fellow you are, indeed! You are absolutely gorgeous, and thank you for sharing that great photo with us. It shows off that Siamese/Domestic Shorthair heritage to perfection! Your fur has such an interesting and unusual design and coloring, and it looks so soft. You have the sweetest face with those lovely big blue eyes and that black patch down and around your nose and mouth. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Urbana, OH to pet you, and pet your dear Dad and Mom kitties, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you all for me .

What a hair-raising story you have to tell, about how your Mom (pregnant with you and probably siblings) was rescued from a shelter just before time ran out for her there! Your dear Purrrrsons-to-be met Mom and adopted her, and you kittens-on-the-way, bringing you all home to safety in just the nick of time. I thank them and bless them from the bottom of my heart for saving you all! No doubt they found any kitty-siblings good loving homes, too.

You were born with one eye open and one closed. They stayed that way for about a week, so your Purrrsons named you Wink. You have the most delightful Purrrsonality! You inherited your Siamese Dad's voice, with which you serenade your Purrrsons at 4am when you want to play. (Too bad no one awakens to join in.) You're quite the lap cat, and when one of your Purrrsons sits, you and your Mom both jump to see who gets there first. Your Purrrson thinks your narrow escape has made you a bit shy around new people. When strangers come over, you hide until after they leave, then come out with an "Are they really gone?" look. Anyone who does get to meet you falls in love with your piercing blue eyes and cute black nose. You and all your family members, feline and human, love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Wink, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Mom and Dad and Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 07-08-2021 at 12:48 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Wonderful Wink!!!

Hi Wink! Happy Cat of the Day to you, sweetheart!

What a gorgeous Meezer x boy you are, Wink! (Love how you came to be named!) Oh yes, those piercing, breathtakingly beautiful, sparkling blue eyes, and your cute as can be black nose, truly are your marks of distinction!

It sickens me, the thought that any shelter kitty would be be given a death sentence simply for having a kitty cold, a very treatable condition! As your human Dad says, the fact that your furmom's sinus infection was still in its early stages, her pregnancy going undetected, most likely saved you both!

Endless thanks to your Mom and Dad for coming to your and your siblings, your furmom's rescue, and just in the nick of time; providing her (and soon to be you!), with the happy, carefree and love filled lives you and she so deserved! No doubt all of your siblings found their way to happy homes too! And as is the case with so many of our rescue you someone knew how lucky you all were to have been spared, repaying the love and compassion shown you ten fold; bringing so much joy and happiness to your pawrent's days!

How lucky your human Mom and Dad are, Wink, having been blessed with a beautiful, loyal and loving furkid in you, sweetheart; in your furmom too! You truly are living, loving proof of the priceless rewards of rescue, Wink, simply the best!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you today, reading your Daddy's love filled tribute, your heartwarming rescue story, has been such a treat! I hope you and your furmom enjoy a very special Cat of the Day celebration...competing for lap time, hehe; playing and feasting on your fave foods and treats; receiving tons of cuddles and kisses; being spoiled to the max and loved to bits! Lots of love, hugs and smooches to you beautiful Wink, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!! Love to your der furmom, too!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries

POTATO PEELS ARE TOXIC TO CATS!!! They are full of are full of glycoalkaloid solanine

Potato peels, just like raw potatoes, are full of glycoalkaloid solanine that is toxic to cats. What's more, peels are covered in dirt, bacteria and pesticides that you don't want your cat ingesting. It's unlikely anyone would consciously feed potato peelings to a cat, but you know what they say about cats and curiosity.

POTATO PEELS ARE TOXIC TO CATS!!! They are full of are full of glycoalkaloid solanine

Quote Originally Posted by jdstansel View Post
    Potato peels, just like raw potatoes, are full of glycoalkaloid solanine that is toxic to cats. What's more, peels are covered in dirt, bacteria and pesticides that you don't want your cat ingesting. It's unlikely anyone would consciously feed potato peelings to a cat, but you know what they say about cats and curiosity.
    Dear jdstansel, please post this warning in today's cat Ester's thread. She is the one being fed potato peels.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hello, Wink! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous kitty you are! I like your gem-like blue eyes and your striking markings! Especially the slightly darker areas on your sweet face.

You are a bit of a shy kitty around visitors- you go away until after they're gone. Anyone who is fortunate to meet you falls in love ! As they should! You talk to your people at 4 AM because to you, that's play time! Best of all, you are a much-loved kitty - PURRRRfect!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to Wink!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678