Thread: Church closed

Church closed

Sorry to say our church closed at the end of June.Attendance was down,people had moved away or passed on,no one new joining,could have been Covid related as well.Our Minister found a new posting in Saint John New Brunswick,our choir also left,he went to a church in Ajax,Ontario about 45 minutes west of here.We had a Minister come in to finish the last 3 months from April to June,had choir going again with practices and services.had our old choir director who had been there 40 years and had retired in 2013.Last service was June 12th,I went a service in Newcastle the week after,haven't been since.The minister that had filled in here will be at another church west of here in Courtice,Ontario starting on Sunday and going to November 6th,filling in for the regular minister who is on a study break,so we will go there for that,not sure if we will join another church,Mom had been going to Trinity since 1937.I had been going since 2007 and I had forgotten I had been to Sunday school,my Uncle took me and my 2 cousins.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Sorry to hear that, I hope your new church will welcome you, and you will come to feel at home therein.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, how sad, Barry! You've shared so many happy times, holidays and special events spent with your family at your church over the years; lots of sweet photos too. I hope you find meaning and fellowship in your new church!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

This is sad news, Barry. You have shared so many photos and stories of church events here on Pet Talk. I hope you are made welcome at the new church! Will be praying!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm so sorry, Barry, that your church of so many years closed. I hope you and your Mom will find a good spiritual home in the new church.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery