Thread: Homemade food for a kitten?

Homemade food for a kitten?

Hi PTers! ❤
    It's been such a long time since I lasted posted here. Hope you're all well.

I needed some help with a kitten and I knew this would be the best place.

A cat gave birth at my father's workplace a month and a half ago and left one of her kittens. He waited, but it's been alone for sometime so he brought it home.

It's been a really long time since I last had a furry baby and I've gotten really rusty.
    > I'm trying to keep it's diet natural and homemade, but I'm not sure what to give such a tiny kitten.
    Please give some tips. 💕
    > Can you get a 1.5 month old kitten vaccinated?

It's quite friendly and playful. Gave it a bath and it was super calm and enjoyed it quite a lot.

TIA!

Goat yogurt for now, then mix in other things, but right now, goat yogurt will be easy for it to digest, and has fat, calcium and calories a baby kitten needs. And welcome back, we have missed you!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Goat yogurt for now, then mix in other things, but right now, goat yogurt will be easy for it to digest, and has fat, calcium and calories a baby kitten needs. And welcome back, we have missed you!
    Just goat yogurt? Should I give boiled chicken or any other protein yet?

😍 Thank youu. I've missed being here too. Miss those lovely lively days. ❤

Quote Originally Posted by sana View Post
    Hi PTers! ❤
    It's been such a long time since I lasted posted here. Hope you're all well.

I needed some help with a kitten and I knew this would be the best place.

A cat gave birth at my father's workplace a month and a half ago and left one of her kittens. He waited, but it's been alone for sometime so he brought it home.

It's been a really long time since I last had a furry baby and I've gotten really rusty.
    > I'm trying to keep it's diet natural and homemade, but I'm not sure what to give such a tiny kitten.
    Please give some tips. 
    > Can you get a 1.5 month old kitten vaccinated?

It's quite friendly and playful. Gave it a bath and it was super calm and enjoyed it quite a lot.

TIA!
    Welcome back, Tia!

First well kitten visit/vaccinations normally scheduled at 6-8 weeks, so your baby is ready!

As for a homemade kitten diet: scrambled eggs, fish (fresh or saltwater) cooked and crumbled, chicken liver are all excellent sources of protein, even cooked and mashed squash are good choices!

This is great video by two experienced "cat ladies" on how to prepare homemade kitten food!

Love to your baby, and thanks to you and your dad for rescuing her/him!

https://twocrazycatladies.com/cat-fo...n-food-recipe/

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Sana, welcome back, so good to "see" you again!

Thank you and bless you and your dad for rescuing and saving the kitten! I don't have any specific food suggestions, but others have posted some here.

Please keep us posted! My cats and I are sending our very best and fullest wishes and hopes and prayers and loving warm energies that all goes well for you all.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Tinker
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries

What to feed

Is the kitten still needing milk or is he/ she eating solids?

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    Welcome back, Tia!

First well kitten visit/vaccinations normally scheduled at 6-8 weeks, so your baby is ready!

As for a homemade kitten diet: scrambled eggs, fish (fresh or saltwater) cooked and crumbled, chicken liver are all excellent sources of protein, even cooked and mashed squash are good choices!

This is great video by two experienced "cat ladies" on how to prepare homemade kitten food!

Love to your baby, and thanks to you and your dad for rescuing her/him!

https://twocrazycatladies.com/cat-fo...n-food-recipe/
    Thank you so much 💕 I'll go through the link.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Dear Sana, welcome back, so good to "see" you again!

Thank you and bless you and your dad for rescuing and saving the kitten! I don't have any specific food suggestions, but others have posted some here.

Please keep us posted! My cats and I are sending our very best and fullest wishes and hopes and prayers and loving warm energies that all goes well for you all.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Tinker
    Thank you! It's so lovely to 'see' (&#128540 you guys again 😍 I'll post some pics in a bit! ❤

Quote Originally Posted by Furpup67 View Post
    Is the kitten still needing milk or is he/ she eating solids?
    He's eating solids very well! 😄

Blog Entries

Food for kitten

That's great, I'm only used to weaning kittens on milk sorry I couldn't be more of a help😥

Blog Entries

Welcome

By the way welcome back to pet talk 😁😁😁